Notary Rotary
Let's all be Oddballs!!!
Notary Discussion History

Let's all be Oddballs!!!
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/26/13 6:14pm
Msg #474825

Let's all be Oddballs!!!

Isn't being an NSA just the greatest!? We have nothing to "complain" about... and if we did, we certainly wouldn't want to post it on NR because we all want to keep the board full of optimisim, light, sweetness and mostly "me, Me, ME."

You'll never hear the words low ball, bottom feeder and no pay from me. Nosiree! Too negative. I think it might be affecting my health ... not to mention yours. Paleeeeeze, everybody, don't post here looking for advice on fees. Too negative. And don't ever post here warning about a SS owned by a no-pay convicted identity thief. Or one owned by a family who declared "bankruptcy," stole all the notary fees to take trips to their ethnic homeland, then reopened under a new name, declared that "bankrupt," stealing yet more notary money, and now has started up a new notary "service" where they'll track down cheating SSs to help you get paid. (I think Link was in the name). Anyway, we don't want that kind of garbage here. Take it somewhere else. Let's chat about the weather ('cept if there's a hurricane, tornado or superstorm), fuzzy wuzzy pets ('cept if you got eaten by your last signer's pit bull) and how well things are going ('cept if your check just got shorted, if you got a check at all).

Remember Oddball from "Kelly's Heroes"? "Stop with the negative waves" was his motto.. Mine too!! Let's make this NR's slogan: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" Can't beat that!

Reply by 101livescan on 6/26/13 6:28pm
Msg #474826

The thought occured to me as well that

we don't spend enough time and energy talking about the great companies out there and the great experiences we have, that if this is such a bad job, why are so many clamoring to get into it.

I still think it's a great forum. I get my ears beat in all the time, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, however, I still find this a great HELP and RESOURCE board. I believe it's great to be able to post the GOOD BAD and EVIL about our biz, and I hold out hope for more resourceful people to make this their go-to board.

BTW...I just dodged a bullet with N3 Notary in Portland, OR, a 1-star company, and I'm immensely grateful for our SC for tracking comments from notaries since 2008.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/26/13 6:42pm
Msg #474827

If we want cheesey un-notary-related fuzzy topics then

we would have to go to Leisure, not here.

Your post is rather confusing. On one hand you sound like you don't want truth posted, and on the other hand you sound like you do.

Reply by kathy/ca on 6/26/13 8:12pm
Msg #474836

I too was confused by GG's post but assumed some of it was

GG being facetious and I dont mean anything against her I just thought maybe she thought we would all "get" it.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/13 8:19pm
Msg #474837

Re: I too was confused by GG's post but assumed some of it was

Does she still do signings? I thought she had retired to write NR memoirs.

Reply by kathy/ca on 6/26/13 8:30pm
Msg #474838

James, I love your artwork, you are very talented J.D. n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/13 9:34pm
Msg #474848

Re: James, I love your artwork, you are very talented J.D.

Thank you./..you like the NR crew eh?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/26/13 8:40pm
Msg #474842

You can't get rid of me that easy ....

JD! And yes, I was trying to be facetious. Guess I'll have to turn in my queen of sarcasm crown.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/13 9:35pm
Msg #474849

Re: You can't get rid of me that easy ....

No, no, Please don't! Everything's the same except when it's different.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/27/13 10:25am
Msg #474871

I took it as tongue in cheek sarcasm & really enjoyed it. LO n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/26/13 11:58pm
Msg #474853

Yep...many just want the warm fuzzies &

cupcakes and butterflies.....anything other than kittens and cotton candy is most wretched, horrible, and MEAN!!

Reply by Bear900/CA on 6/27/13 2:14pm
Msg #474884

You ARE an Oddball!! and we like it. better then a lowball.. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 6/27/13 8:34pm
Msg #474930

Re: You ARE an Oddball!! and we like it. better then a lowball..

Amen brother...oddly enough, she's stellar, even if she just retired on us!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.