Notary Rotary
New Drum
Notary Discussion History

New Drum
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 6/20/13 12:07pm
Msg #474089

New Drum

Those "dirty" ink dots/spots have got to Go! Wasn't sure if it was the drum - but I'm hoping that will fix. Thanks NR for the past posts that turned me on to SuperMedia (of course, they don't seem to have the compatible drum I need in stock).

At least I found a probable source of the problem and a possible resource. My concern is that the compatible drum unit may cause more problems - since I really think a "compatible" non-Brother toner cart. caused this issue to begin with!

(saw Original Brother on sale at Staples.com and I have a $30 coupon!! My gut says just get the original and forget the other; but I had some other supplies I wanted, and was looking forward to giving the Media store a try!)

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/13 12:16pm
Msg #474092

I use compatibles from Supermedia store. I switched from LD Products. I have only purchased OEM drums a couple of times & price is just too high for this biz IMO. Your issue does sound like a bad cart. Careful because toner leaks can ruin the fuser. Don't forget to clean the corona wire (slide back & forth about 30 times) every time you change toner. Good luck. :-)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/20/13 12:24pm
Msg #474094

I did that "slide" thing and wiped out the inside. I just know that cheap cart. I got from somewhere did this!! That's why I'm nervous about the compatible drum; but I hope Supermedia will get some back in stock.

Reply by ToniK on 6/20/13 12:48pm
Msg #474100

suppliesoutlet.com is where I get mine plus they are always giving me discount codes. I buy toner and a drum every 6 months.

Reply by desktopfull on 6/20/13 1:36pm
Msg #474106

suppliesoutlet.com is the source I use when supermedia doesn't have what I need.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 6/20/13 10:47pm
Msg #474174

I finally got my problem solved day before yesterday. I called the Brother Customer Service and was given another number to call. I was told to push this button, that button, etc. Then I was asked when was the last time I cleaned the drum. I told the rep that the printer is only about a month or so old and the wire thing has been pushed back and forth. She said to get alcohol on a cotton ball and clean it. I didn't find much there, but I did clean the outside of the printer because one of my cats likes to sleep there. I have to turn off the printer so he doesn't make it shoot paper out! After I did this, I had no more problems. I have used only Brother toners and I do hide the extra paper from my kitties' little feet, so I don't know why I had the problem.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.