Notary Rotary
New signing services
Notary Discussion History

New signing services
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 6/6/13 2:37pm
Msg #472455

New signing services

How long before tha title company/signing service "friends" of xyz get tired of this new competition that xyz has created?
How many will never be a signing service by will sub-contract an a Notary?
I only hope we, older/mature NSA's, will get last minute, we will pay your fee request because theses new signing services can not get signing done propertly.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 6/6/13 3:41pm
Msg #472464

I'm thinking they don't care if signings are done properly

unless it needs to fund that day. First notary will fix error at their expense and/or not get paid at all. The borrowers are the ones paying for the signing fee and not getting the service they should be receiving while someone is making a nice profit.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/6/13 4:46pm
Msg #472473

My impression from what someone who said they attended the seminar was that they were explaining how "beneficial" it is to "expand" a referral network among fellow, trusted notaries, and to make agreements to split the fees for referring back and forth amongst each other. They also touched on setting up a traditional signing service. I guess it wasn't taught by the NNA, but by somebody who owns a signing service. They gave the impression that the creation of said network is part of the expansion process for all successful NSAs.

Personally? It seemed like yet another way to promote a way to earn money rather than focus on the skills one needs to actually run a business.

I've been approached by a lot of notaries wanting to do this... ones that get lots of calls but can't handle the work for whatever reason. They want to form a network or an agreement to send work to each other for a cut of the fee. I always refuse. I don't want to have to deal with keeping track of all of that stuff. If I can't handle something or the area is too far away, I simply refer it out to somebody that I trust with no expectation of anything. I find that it comes back to me in other ways.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/6/13 7:19pm
Msg #472495

I agree Marian

<<<If I can't handle something or the area is too far away, I simply refer it out to somebody that I trust with no expectation of anything. I find that it comes back to me in other ways.>>>

YEP!!!

Reply by ananotary on 6/6/13 7:24pm
Msg #472498

I work with a network of notaries on a daily basis

We all work as a team and cover signings daily based on geography. We never take a cut of each others closings. It works wonderfully and most importantly, our clients are happy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.