Notary Rotary
Oh my fellow VA notaries
Notary Discussion History

Oh my fellow VA notaries
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 6/13/13 3:35pm
Msg #473209

Oh my fellow VA notaries

Hope none of y'all were caught in that crazy storm. I had just walked in 2 mins prior of the storm hitting full force. One minute it was sunny, next minute look like the end of the world! I heard a tornado touched down. Then 10 mins later all sunny skies.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/13/13 3:46pm
Msg #473210

Oh My, is right! Heard flash flood warning alert for Loudoun & So. MD; but I was at mom's (Fauquier).

So glad I wasn't in that!! Ashburn residence said visibility so bad, couldn't see cars in parking lot. You made it in just in time.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/13/13 3:49pm
Msg #473211

"resident" (residence's don't talk, do they?) n/m

Reply by ToniK on 6/13/13 4:10pm
Msg #473214

Re: "resident" (residence's don't talk, do they?)

Lol unless they are like Kit (Knight rider reference) lol

Well I have no power and one appt left tonight where I need to print docs. Ugh!! Turned down a signing for 7pm due to no power. Double ugh!!! And no I'm not going to staples or Office Depot to print.

I hear a lot of trees down. I guess I can study this title stuff a bit more. Plan to take exam next week since kids will be gone for 2 weeks.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/13/13 5:11pm
Msg #473223

Knight Rider (don't know which was cuter, the driver or car)

If you'd bought the Kit car, you wouldn't have a problem.

When are you going mobile, "Kitchen" rider?? Smile

Reply by ToniK on 6/13/13 6:05pm
Msg #473237

Re: Knight Rider (don't know which was cuter, the driver or car)

lol hopefully soon. I just want to get this Title exam out the way so once I get my TPL then I can go full steam on the mobile thing.

I missed out on a WV call earlier this week. lol but it was from a lowball company but at least word is getting out. Oh and I got a call for MD too but I dont have a TPL (yet) so I turned it down. lol

Reply by MW/VA on 6/13/13 5:23pm
Msg #473226

Stay safe everyone! I just made it home before the

winds and "severe thunderstorm warning" hit. I want to be home tonight, because I was out in the heavy rain & street flooding that happened Mon. night. Still nothing compared to other parts of the country, but I'm glad to be off the streets.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/13/13 5:26pm
Msg #473228

Was it MD where teenage boy killed by tree in storm last wk? n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/13/13 5:28pm
Msg #473229

Grandmother (like most older folks) won't let you move

during storms (you'd better sit down and BE QUIET!)

Reply by MW/VA on 6/13/13 5:35pm
Msg #473232

Yes, good advice. I know I'm not as conscious of weather

conditions as I should be.

Reply by ToniK on 6/13/13 6:08pm
Msg #473239

Re: Yes, good advice. I know I'm not as conscious of weather

lol Neither am I. I went out and did signings during Hurricane Sandy. Had a lot of companies call me saying they had cancellations and asked if I was available...YUP!! lol I guess since I have lived here all my life, weather such as that just doesnt scare me since I have never been in a bad storm. I bet one day its going to catch up to me. Oh well, when my time is up, it is up!

Reply by anotaryinva on 6/13/13 6:21pm
Msg #473242

It was bad, probably the worst I've had to walk through!

Reply by ToniK on 6/13/13 6:27pm
Msg #473244

OH my you walked in that mess?

I remember last time it rained that bad, I was just arriving to my BO home and they had a huge moat in front of their driveway. Im short so I ended up having wet shoes and soaking wet for the rain since I had to stand at the door while they answered it. The BO opened the door and was floored it was raining so hard. He gave me a towel and allowed me to dry myself off. It was the pits. Reminded me I should keep a change of clothes in the car on days like that.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 10:06am
Msg #473335

Promotional Ponchos

If we could get them to mail us THESE with their names - besides the pens. Not that impressed with the pens.

(Haven't sold any promo stuff in awhile; used to design my own and market when I did real estate)

Reply by jba/fl on 6/14/13 10:11am
Msg #473336

Re: Promotional Ponchos

I need ponchos....and if they are cheap, need lots of them.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 10:20am
Msg #473337

Re: Promotional Ponchos

What imprint would you like (1-color, 4-color)?

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 10:22am
Msg #473338

Ponchos: Oh, and how many? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.