Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
On a positive note, there are good things on the horizon.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 6/27/13 8:56am
Msg #474865

The refinance business will slow to a crawl, because interest rates are indeed on the rise. While my June month end was absolutely over the top, this week is slower, I'm doing some cash out refinances and people are buying other properties for investment/retirement homes. There are still loans in the pipeline. With interest rates going up, it will mean fewer first time buyers as they will be priced out of the market or have to bring more money in for the transaction to occur.

http://corp.bankofamerica.com/business/bi/perspective/resource?p_a_id=647046&g_id=10157&cm_mmc=GCB-Integrated-_-Google-PS-_-economic%20forecast-_-Feb.%202013%20-%20Lucky%2013%20Article%20-%20Phrase

Our own UCSB Economic Forecast panel this year, held at the landmark Granada Theatre, predicted interest rates to increase to 6% by yearend. They are usually right on.

There are plenty of things to be positive about. I believe 2013 is going to be a great year for all of us, no matter what we do as notaries or other careers. I think we all just need to find our groove and move forward. If we focus on the negative, results will be negative. Just as focusing on the positive will result in more positive energies.

HARP loans won't be as prolific with higher interest rates. Most people already are at 6%, so this program is diffusing. I'm not an economic guru, just conversing with several loan officers at different banks and mortgage brokers' offices tells me they have shifted their focus too.

Hope you all have a meaningful, amazing day.

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/27/13 10:40am
Msg #474872

Great post! Appreciate ya, Cheryl. Big Smile Always helps to gain a little 'perspective' on things . . .

Reply by HSH/WA on 6/27/13 10:58am
Msg #474875

Re: Here's a quote from the MBA about rates and refis

Mortgage refinance activity is down 36 percent from its peak in May, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association — a trend fueled largely by a hefty jump in interest rates.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 6/27/13 9:43pm
Msg #474954

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--

you're right" - Henry Ford

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.