Notary Rotary
PLEASE don't judge
Notary Discussion History

PLEASE don't judge
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Kathryn on 6/1/13 11:03am
Msg #471937

PLEASE don't judge

I need EOM dates for June, July and August...... what's the easiest way to determine our "busy" times? Thanks for your KIND consideration fellow notaries.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/1/13 11:08am
Msg #471940

Count back, business days, from funding date...There can be special recordings on a Friday.

Great information to have because during vacation months, people are on the move, weddings, graduations, etc. Amazing how many people aren't available to sign by midnight on closing day because they are already out of town.

Reply by Kathryn on 6/1/13 11:11am
Msg #471943

I am in Florida. My daughter actually is getting married in Ga. on August 31st. She wants me at ALL 3 wedding showers she's having ! 1 in Knoxville, Tn. in June, 1 in Ga. in July, 1 in Ga. in August and then the wedding.
I'm trying to figure out which days to fly or drive in, how long I can stay, etc. !!! So help is greatly appreciated on the busy days upcoming. THANKS SO MUCH.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/1/13 11:10am
Msg #471941

Take the last working day of each month subtract 4 days and the 4th day will be the last day to meet the RTC for the month. Friday 28 JUNE = Monday 24 JUNE.

Of course there is business to be had the other days as well, but for the refi business on one's personal home, this is a good measure.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/1/13 11:11am
Msg #471942

6/24 (or maybe 25th if they're in to fund on Saturday the 29th) - most likely the 24th though;
7/26
8/26

I'm sorry, but you really should be able to figure this out - you're not new and have been at this long enough to calculate back 4 days from the last day of the month.

As for busy times? That's different for each person.

JMO

Reply by MW/VA on 6/1/13 11:22am
Msg #471944

We can all get caught up in the demands of this biz, but

these important dates in your daughter's life won't come around again.
I'm taking off the last 2 weeks of June to fly to CA for my niece's wedding on the 21st. It's been planned as a family vacation kind of thing. My priorities haven't always been straight, but I won't miss this wedding. ;-)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/1/13 11:43am
Msg #471948

Agree Agree Agree...

We're flying to CT and spending last week of June visiting with our daughter and grandkids - haven't seen them in a year and I can't wait!!

We fly out the 25th and I'll be ready to go so can still work EOM day but the rest of that week? I'm gladly sacrificing it for the hugs I look forward to...

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/1/13 11:57am
Msg #471949

Once again, on a PUBLIC forum...

....people are giving details of their personal plans....BAD, BAD, BAD!! Whatever you do, don't make it worse by plastering this info on facebook. If you wish to share *after* the fact - when you return - great!! But it's a serious mistake to be announcing this *before* you go.

Your post should have said you will be *unavailable* during certain dates -where you're going and what you'll be doing is no one's business. For safety's sake KEEP IT PRIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/1/13 12:08pm
Msg #471951

Right LKT Burglars read forums to. And worse yet can

'TRAP" certain post with key words like vacation and travel.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/1/13 12:24pm
Msg #471959

I wonder if we could salt posts with those keywords

and sit behind our darkened windows quietly holding a hammer and playing chess with a Trunk Monkey by candlelight?

Reply by 101livescan on 6/1/13 12:29pm
Msg #471961

Re: I wonder if we could salt posts with those keywords

Well, hey, for all your wanna be burglars, I'm working on my carry permit, and it's not for the bears or cougars either! Take your chances. I only need to get one kneecap.

Reply by sueharke on 6/2/13 3:32pm
Msg #472033

Re: I wonder if we could salt posts with those keywords

I wouldn't go for a kneecap as it will just get you sued. I suggest what the police told me many years ago - clean shot (one or two shots), not overkill (more than two unless he or she is still moving), and only one story left to tell.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/1/13 3:10pm
Msg #471976

well burglars for sure LOL n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/1/13 3:14pm
Msg #471978

daytime that is n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 6/1/13 9:21pm
Msg #471994

LOve it! want one. n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/1/13 1:13pm
Msg #471966

You can find it under the above link to "Resources"

http://www.notaryrotary.com/library/2013-Loan-Rescission-Calendar.pdf

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/1/13 5:48pm
Msg #471988

Here's a slightly different way to look at it so you'll know how to figure it out for yourself in the future: The last business day of the month you count as the funding date. Then allow for three rescission days to pass before funding can happen and voila! The day before is likely to be the proverbial "EOM", although there can be other variables, like "EOM" falling on a Saturday, so Sunday is a potential signing day, too.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/3/13 10:14am
Msg #472069

Does it really matter what days the EOM fall on? This is a very important time in your daughters life and she wants and needs you there..period no matter when the work is available! Count your blessings that she wants you in your life! We cant do everything and work sometimes have to wait!

Our daughter is getting married in Oct and we have a lot of events that goes along with that and I plan on being involved with every aspect! I haven't even looked at the EOMs for those months..it doesnt matter!

It is a little easier for us as she lives down the street and everything is local..We are having a great time with all the preperations..Now if I can just have to find that special dress for me...Exciting times to enjoy!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.