Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Personal address on a hand-written Receipt???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 6/2/13 9:36pm
Msg #472042

It has long been an uneasy feeling when I have to put my home address on hand-written receipts at GNW appointments (for cash or check payments). I do it but I don't like it for security reasons. Can others please share how you handle this situation?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/2/13 9:43pm
Msg #472044

Get a PO box? n/m

Reply by Doris_CO on 6/2/13 10:05pm
Msg #472047

I don't put my address on the hand written receipts. I purchased a receipt book from the local grocery store and write what the receipt is for (notarization fees and travel fees) and sign the receipt. I usually give them my business card which only has my name, phone and e-mail address. I don't give my address out because I don't want anyone showing up at my door at all hours looking for a Notary. My receipt book has a carbon copy which I use as my invoice for my records.

Reply by Roger_OH on 6/2/13 10:56pm
Msg #472052

Agree - I also use a receipt book, and ink stamp each page with my info: Company name, my name, and phone number. That's all anyone needs to know.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 6/3/13 12:27pm
Msg #472077

Karla, I have a PO Box that I use for my notary business. I type up labels with my company name, PO Box and phone # and adhere these labels to the receipts. I purchase mine from NNA because the receipt is tailored to notary activities. But I agree with the others...really truly, the customer just needs an email addy or phone # to get in touch.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/3/13 6:28pm
Msg #472109

Some businesses rent mailboxes at the various stores that

provide that service. UPS, etc. won't deliver to a PO Box.
I don't list my address on my business cards, but it is shown on my profiles here & on other sites. I've never had a problem with any security issues. I also have my phone no. on the back of my window, and haven't gotten a lot of spam calls either. I guess it really depends on where you live.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/3/13 7:32pm
Msg #472116

I also don't list my personal address on my receipts (which I create myself), business cards or website. People don't need to know my address unless they're sending me a check, which doesn't come into play with GNW (for which I tell people I prefer cash or credit/debit card). What I do list is my city, so they know that I'm local.

Reply by Karla/OR on 6/4/13 3:50am
Msg #472137

Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks everyone!!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.