Notary Rotary
Recycling used toner cartridges
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by JanetK_CA on 6/10/13 5:43pm
Msg #472819

I used to take my used toner cartridges to Staples to get Rewards points, but I believe they changed their program so that you have to buy other cartridges there in order to get the benefits. Their prices aren't cost effective for me - and the $2.00 rebate doesn't come close to making up the difference.

Has anyone come up with another good source for recycling your used cartridges? The ones I bought through Notary Rotary included a card with info about recycling to benefit non-profits, but they require a minimum of 20 cartridges. I don't know of any that want to deal with the hassle of storing and packaging them for the small amount they would get back - and I don't particularly, either. Any other better ideas?

Reply by LisaWI on 6/10/13 5:49pm
Msg #472820

Janet, try your local schools.....I know here they will take them and refill them......youre not getting anything back but it is for a good cause Smile

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 6/10/13 8:04pm
Msg #472836

I use Quill

http://www.quill.com/content/index/recycle-ink-toner-cartridges/default.aspx

Reply by Laurie Manzanares on 6/10/13 11:10pm
Msg #472848

Re: Staples still accepts my empty toners

I just dropped a whole bunch of empty toners off at Staples without a problem and I didn't have to buy more from them. Ask your Staples store because in my area they are still offering to recycle for the reward points.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/10/13 11:14pm
Msg #472849

Re: Staples still accepts my empty toners

See Msg #459870 - Staples made a change to their rewards program regarding toner cartridges.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/11/13 12:05am
Msg #472853

Unfortunately ...

... Staples no longer gives rewards in the form of $$ (I just spent my last $20 rewards there). Recycled cartridges now apply to future ink purchases. I would go broke buying ink from Staples, so that party's over .... I used to buy all sorts of other stuff there with my rewards .... notary tote bag, binder clips, etc... but no more.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/11/13 12:26pm
Msg #472917

I just called my local Staples just to be sure ...

I was told yes, they still recycle; accept cartridges purchased anywhere; issue $2 rebate per cartridge surrendered; limit of 10 per month.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/11/13 12:16pm
Msg #472912

I still take mine to Staples. n/m

Reply by AngelTX on 6/11/13 12:17am
Msg #472854

office depot?

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 6/11/13 7:54am
Msg #472863

I use SuppliesOutlet.com Good prices, fast service and provide free shipping label to return cartridges for recycle.

Reply by MonicaFL on 6/11/13 9:44am
Msg #472890

I take mine to Office Depot. You can only turn in 5 in a day and 10 for the month but when that $20.00 certificate comes in, I wait for a paper sale and use it then. Never had any problems.

Reply by Jack/AL on 6/12/13 1:26pm
Msg #473031

Gerry Grummons, I got a different story......

I ordered toner cartridges from SuppliesOutlet.com, last night. I specifically asked for a shipping label for returning used cartridges. In return, I received an email with this reply. We thank you for your recent order.
"We do not take back any empty cartridges. I recommend taking them to a local supply store for recycling. Thank you, Lindsey White – Customer Service." The plot thickens.........

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.