ServiceLink - I hope you people are right about how good
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_H/FL on 6/8/13 4:29pm
Msg #472658

they are - I'm not impressed.

I am having a problem jumping on the ServiceLink Love Bandwagon. I signed up with them and did my first signing for them on May 23, 2013 - a BofA with 57 pages of faxbacks and wait for approval to drop. They agreed to an additional fee because this will require an additional 30 miles round trip to drop the package

I normally don't do faxbacks but, hey, they did agree to pay a bit more and I didn't buy an Epson scanner to just sit there and look pretty...so the faxbacks went very quickly and I got approval to drop the package the next morning.

Now I e-invoice...and it's telling me my Order number is invalid. Called the team, they confirmed I have the correct Order number, told me to call vendor management. I was also very specific that this was my first time invoicing and I needed a little handholding during my first invoicing process. Meanwhile I kept hitting submit until, suddenly, the whole thing disappears and returns me to the home page as if it's been accepted.

Well, I never received an e-mail confirmation of the invoice and nothing popped up on the screen telling me it was successfully submitted. I want to make sure I've done it right so I've called, left messages, e-mailed, and do you know, to this day, NOBODY has gotten back to me to tell me if this invoice went through or not.

I am less than impressed with ServiceLink for this reason. My experience here, I have had NO vendor support whatsoever. And I don't even know if I'm going to be paid....we shall see.

Reply by pat/WA on 6/8/13 5:04pm
Msg #472660

Hang in there. I have worked with them for years and they are great.

Reply by michnott on 6/8/13 5:27pm
Msg #472661

With a BoA loan the Servicelink team has to status off the loan. Then you can e-invoice. I usually wait a day or two to e-invoice. Once you input the info you can see and print the invoice. I would say you need to resubmit the e-invoice. It should not pop you back to the home page
The other lenders you need to do a closing update then e-invoice. Again I wait to e-invoice. Ten minutes, not a day or two
They do pay promptly

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/8/13 6:12pm
Msg #472665

Agree w/michnott... Invoice did not submit

You actually have to hit 'print'... which is the button that submits it. Agree, that site is a trip and not at all user-friendly. With BoA you do have to wait a day before you invoice.

Reply by HSH/WA on 6/8/13 11:40pm
Msg #472667

Re: I like them, work with them, but their invoicing system

is bad. They should not have us jumping through hoops to send in an invoice for work we've done and want to be paid for. They should do their own sorting as to SL, NL or BofA - not us. I have never been able to get past the codes to "status" the loan and always rely on the scheduler to do it for me. I've got 1/4 inch stack of instructions on "how" to invoice them - dumb. I've met some nice people there but we should not be using up each others time on invoicing.

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/9/13 7:10am
Msg #472670

ServiceLink invoicing process: A learning experience :D

Like the other said, Linda, hang in there! Work with them on this and it will get better. Big Smile

As you have tried, but not seen any results, please email Christina McLevey at [e-mail address] Explain to her this is your initial invoicing & tell her your process [may want to just copy 'n paste your notes from above]. This will avoid any potential for double-billing. Big Smile

The KEY to it all is the Order #. Absolutely, the BoA loans are statused by the S/L team and then you can submit your e-invoice. After I complete the signing, I send an email to the S/L/ closing team and request that they update the Order status so that I may submit the e-invoice. Unless it is a Friday, I can usually submit the e-invoice about 24 hours later. FYI: Normally, they do not email back that they have completed the Order status update. Big Smile

This is how the invoicing process is for ServiceLink [S/L] per Christina McLevey in Vendor Billing on 25OCT12.

STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS BY INVOICING SYSTEM:
All orders that are 8 digits long and that do not have a dash sign in it are vision orders. These orders begin with a 1 or 2 and need to be statused and e-invoiced online by you for payment. This is a two-step process done for each order. If you send them on a monthly billing statement, the vision orders will not get processed.

Bank of America orders do not get statused online but they still need to be e-invoiced. These orders are pulled once a week, usually on Thursday mornings, to process and the turnaround time can be up to 10-14 business days.

NOTE: Please do not e-invoice the orders again if they are not paid the first time that you bill us for them. You can contact us in vendor billing so that we can look into the orders to fix them. Any billing questions can be sent to [e-mail address].

Orders that begin with a 2 or 3 [cactis] are sent in at the end of the month on a monthly billing statement. If the order number has seven digits before the dash sign, they are ServiceLink orders. If the order number has six digits before the dash sign, they are NationalLink orders.

You can email these to [e-mail address] or fax them to 866-834-7479. Please remember to separate NationalLink orders from ServiceLink orders and put them on their own billing statement.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/9/13 9:38am
Msg #472677

Christine, thank you very much for this extra info

I read the responses and thought maybe I invoiced too soon - so tried again last night - and again it said my order number is invalid.

I'm going to try to call someone tomorrow and if I get nowhere there I'll e-mail vendor billing.

Thank you all for your generous help (both here and in pm's)

Smile

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/9/13 10:53am
Msg #472680

Re: Christine, thank you very much for this extra info

Yes, agreed! The difficulty clearly seems to be the Order #.

The ServiceLink BoA Closing Team should have provided a Confirmation Sheet with the correct Order # on it. You may want to check with the Team Lead for verification of the Order #.

If you would prefer to call, instead of emailing Christina in Vendor Billing, I will send a PM with her number. Big Smile

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/9/13 10:56am
Msg #472681

LOL...that's why I'm pulling my hair out..

I did call the BofA team, explained what was happening - they confirmed the order number .. and transferred me to vendor management, where I left a message and no one has ever called me.

This is fun. Smile

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/9/13 11:04am
Msg #472682

Re: LOL...that's why I'm pulling my hair out..

Please grab a tall glass of cool iced tea and drink it slowly . . . lol This will all come together for you - just keep putting one foot in front of the other. It took me literally months to glean all the details that I encapsulated in a few paragraphs above. The usual, School of Hard Knocks, teaches lessons well learned.

Also, if you are unable to reach Christina directly at the number the I PM'd, ask for Paula Reavis. She is the other person at S/L that I found to be totally supportive! Her email is: [e-mail address]

I can hardly wait to hear of your success, Linda! Also, thanks for the kudos! Truly, it is my pleasure as there are so many here that share generously as well. Big Smile

Reply by janCA on 6/9/13 4:37pm
Msg #472693

With SL it's always best to email, as they r always in front of heir computers. They don't have the time to answer their phones, is what I was told.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/9/13 7:41pm
Msg #472696

<<<They don't have the time to answer their phones, is what I was told.>>>

According to Linda, they didn't respond to her at all - phone call, email or otherwise.....what a boiler room operation. Personally, I wouldn't work with an outfit that cannot get back to me within 48 hours. Who wants to put up with a silly e-invoice system that's inefficient and inconsistent (i.e. must wait 24 hours to invoice for one bank and can invoice right away for another....baloney!!!)

Reply by vegaslady/NV on 6/9/13 9:45pm
Msg #472708

Reach out to [e-mail address] has been helpful to me in the past.

Reply by janCA on 6/10/13 12:56pm
Msg #472781

I'm paid very well from SL, and am ALWAYS paid.

Sometimes with these companies, you have to jump through hoops; they pay me well, so I jump through the hoop!

Reply by notaryKing on 6/11/13 1:48am
Msg #472857

Re: I'm paid very well from SL, and am ALWAYS paid.

I gave them a "very good" price today, $175 for 55 miles one way. I didn't get called back. Not impressed.

Reply by NotarynoBS on 7/22/13 12:56pm
Msg #477665

I AM DONE WITH SERVICELINK and NATIONALINK! After over 800 closings for them I am tired of their fax backs, corrections requests, out of area offers, fee reductions and attitude. I told them to take off their approved list and never call me again. They keep cutting fees and do not pay for added travel. Worst companies to work for!

This was two months ago and I have found out I eliminated 80% of my problem closings. They primarily work with Bof A and Wells Fargo. Two of the worst lenders in the industry. I now work with much better companies and lenders that get the job done & keep the borrower in the loop. I will NEVER work for either company again and good riddence!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.