Notary Rotary
Skysail group
Notary Discussion History

Skysail group
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Stella Parhas on 6/11/13 6:29am
Msg #472859

Skysail group

Has anybody used Skysail Group fee guarantee? Is it worth to sign up with them I understand they keep 3% of your invoice they pay you in one week and do all the bill collecting for you. I would appreciate any information anyone has on this matter.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/11/13 9:02am
Msg #472879

If you do a search under "Fee Guarantee" the program has

been discussed before.

Reply by Luckydog on 6/11/13 10:52am
Msg #472896

You need to ask yourself how a business can stay operational and make money earning just 3%? They basically take in 100% and cash out 97%, a lot of work for not much pay to run a substantial business. You also have to ask yourself why you would let a company collect 100% of your earnings, and you give up your control of the most important part of your business as an Independent contractor? Joining with them, you are an employee of Skysail group...one 1099 at the end of the year from them, opposed to all the SS's 1099's you get now. Suppose they decide "not" to pay you for some reason, something wrong with the direct deposit amount, or you want to quit with them, good luck trying to get out of that arrangement and contract. I do not think too many SS will use you if you have a 3rd party in the mix, just my opinion. I was also told it was 100% of your business, not picking a choosing which companies to select with them.Just questions you need to ask yourself, and ask for a contract before joining with them.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/11/13 11:06am
Msg #472897

Agree with Luckydog. Thumbs up! n/m

Reply by LoraLynne/FL on 6/11/13 11:53am
Msg #472906

I use them and not all my companies work through them so I have some that don't get in put to them.. I put the companies in that they work with and the rest they send to me like usual

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 6/11/13 1:39pm
Msg #472933

If I were to try to think of a way to get a list of all of everybody's clients and contacts....this would be it. ....Think about it....

Reply by LisaWI on 6/11/13 6:27pm
Msg #472964

Re: How are You.....

an employee of Skysail? And you dont have to have all your signings go through them.....How would they be able to keep track of everyone to make sure all their signings are being done through them? Also, I havent had one company complain that I went through Skysail to receive payment. As a matter of fact, some of these companies should be happy about this arrangement as it makes everybody happy. The SS gets their order filled, the SA gets paid in a timely manner, so therefore, the SA will probably take more work from the SS.

It has increased my per month closing count because now I can feel confident about getting paid in a timely manner from certain companies. I use them for SS's that like to pay in 45+ days and the rest I keep as normal.

Reply by LoraLynne/FL on 6/11/13 11:47am
Msg #472903

I use them it is worth it.. get paid next week and they take care of e&o insurance

Reply by JanelWI on 6/12/13 5:07pm
Msg #473071

Please....time is money kids and when I don't have to chase that payment that is 60-90 days out from a signing service that promised to pay in 30....I will take all that I can and let Skysail deal with the signing services. I have used Skysail on a handful of closings. They are nothing more than a payment service in my eyes. In one year that three percent is far less than the wasted time and money I have spent trying to collect from a "third party" signing service on behalf of a title company that will not acknowledge they have partnered up with a deadbeat signing company.

It is a simple choice. I work primarily title direct. But for some signing services....I will choose to use Skysail for as long as the option is viable. There is risk of not getting paid for every job we do. We have no guarantees in this industry. No one is standing up for the Professional Document Signing Agent. We have to continue to look out for ourselves....period. This is just another tool to do that per each and everyone's choice.

I have used Skysail and I have found them extremely responsive, they answered all my questions and concerns. They return emails in a lightning fast manner and I have had no issues thus far getting paid the following week as promised. The work I turned down from signing services I now take and get the money the next rather than 60 days out.

Look, there is risk in business and some businesses more than others... it is up to each individual independent contractor to do their homework and do what is in the best interest of their own individual signing business.

It is great to come to this forum and ask if anyone has had experience with them, but I would recommend going directly to the source, ask your questions and decide once you have all the information and weigh that information against what it does to benefit your business and what it could potentially do to hurt your business and decide from there. I did not decide lightly. I did my homework and found that the cost was far less than what I lost in one year calculating the time spent on the phone asking for payment for money I already earned, not getting paid, and having to pursue collection action etc. Now, I spend it making up my marketing plans and doing more to increase my business potential.

Yes, I still do my homework and I don't do work for those companies that have horrible reviews and don't pay agents. I still turn those down and try to mitigate my potential risk there and I certainly don't want Skysail to have to experience what I would not choose to experience. I only use this for the ones that do pay, ones that will meet my fee, but pay 45-60 as a standard.

I also budget for risk on all levels. We have to save money and have a risk management plan for when we don't get paid so we don't loose our business entirely. We have risk the minute we say "yes" to a closing up to the time we do or don't get paid. We have E&O and some carry notary liability insurance right? Why? Because of potential risk....We have risk when we turn our key and drive out of the driveway....etc...

If we are true business owners we look at risk as part of the climate and do what we can to mitigate it as best we can and that requires work. We can't afford to take information on a superficial level. We need to do our homework as best we can. But, as many have experienced with signing services; it is hard to catch them all.

Skysail is no different on the list of risk I need to potentially mitigate. So far it has been a good solid relationship and one they have performed as advertised.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.