Slow
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 6/26/13 12:07pm
Msg #474781

Slow

Slowest EOM I have ever had

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 6/26/13 12:28pm
Msg #474782

I have noticed that people are talking about it being slow, but for you to say it is the slowest is to put more perspective on it. I have been a notary for a long time, but I have been a signing agent for only a few months. I started getting assignments before I finished my certification. In the experience of those of you who have done this a long time, is the middle of the year usually slower? Is there a year-to-year similarity in which months are busy or not? Or is there no way to make a chart of probability that works? I seem to get assignments all during the month rather than just at the end. There are only a couple of other NSA's around here, both in other counties. I have other work, so I don't heavily market myself. I am signed up with these two main sites and get most of my calls because of them. Occasionally, someone finds me on a site I hadn't heard of. I looked up one to find my profile on it, and it was updated, too. Occasionally, I get emails advertising other sites--for a fee, of course. In your experience, have any of you found any free sites that are very useful? Are there other sites that are just as good as this one and XYZ? As I get more repeat business, I may not need them much, but I want to sign up with as many good ones as I can. Thanks.

Reply by CJ on 6/26/13 6:10pm
Msg #474824

My 2 cents.

I used to keep track of how many I did per month. I noticed that I did 1/3 before the 15th, and 2/3 after the 15th. So if I did 20 before the 15th, I could guesstimate 40 after the 15th. I also noticed that between Halloween and tax time, it was slower than during the summer. I think just too many holidays and events one after another. But after April, it usually picks up. July and August are usually my biggest months. Then school starts and people are busy again driving kids around to school and extra-curricular activities. But if rates go up, all bets are off. Who wants to refinance at a higher rate?

Reply by pat/WA on 6/26/13 7:23pm
Msg #474832

So much for slow

The phone is ringing!

Reply by Julie Lantto on 6/27/13 10:56am
Msg #474874

I have 2 main companies that I work for and the last 2 months they haven't been calling. They say my credentials are up to date and I am on there list. My fee is like everyone elses. I have not made any errors either. Any other ideas I can do to get them to call again?

Does anyone know if they (Title companies) have a website on us notaries if we are bad/good to make comments on like we have on Notary Rotary?

Reply by COpink on 6/26/13 1:33pm
Msg #474787

Mine too.

Reply by Eva75Eva on 6/26/13 3:20pm
Msg #474806

Same here too. And June was always the busiest month of the year for me. Down 25% from last year.

Reply by HSH/WA on 6/26/13 5:08pm
Msg #474816

Re: EOM was zip for 2nd month in a row, but the signings

just keep rolling in for the last few days and now it's my 2nd best month ever. My best guess is that closings are down so less hectic EOM but the number of SSs and TCs I sign for is getting bigger so more overall signings. I never did like running around until late at night cramming as many closings into EOM as possible to make the month - I'll take the slow but steady adding up a good month every time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.