This forum and this signing agent business is like Gump said
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by ladyknc on 6/18/13 10:30am
Msg #473797

"Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you are going to get "

My conclusion for myself is this, " I proudly paid to be a member of Notary Rotary and no where in the membership does it require that in order to be a member I have to read the forum.
I am finding at my ripe old/young age - that 99.9% of the time where I "choose" to get riled up by forum posts, newspaper articles, words of another people said to me, etc etc etc, that if I truly follow my pointing finger back to the 3 pointing back at me--that the situation will reveal interesting and generally "need to change" things about myself.

Just saying Forrest Gump - true true Every signing is unknown until you get there--screaming kids or not, nice dogs or not, happy or grumpy signers. Sometimes you even walk away with a bag of sweet potatoes, a bottle of water or soda for the road, a piece of homemade apple pie, and sometimes it can be a quickly made mudpie in your face because they are mad about something that you had nothing to do with".
Generally signings are fun, exciting and a great opportunity to show professionalism, a smile and the satisfaction that you have helped be a part of someone's lower interest rate loan, or a reverse mortgage that is keeping someone in their home rather a nursing home etc etc.

Variety is the spice of life. But there are somedays I do not particularly like the spice I have to deal with and sometimes that "spice" can be even me. Ha ha Go notary "brethren and sistas" and enjoy some chocolates today.

Reply by Ali/IL on 6/18/13 11:58am
Msg #473817

My feelings also

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/18/13 1:44pm
Msg #473840

Awesome post! :>) n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/18/13 2:15pm
Msg #473852

Agree! n/m

Reply by Scriba/NM on 6/18/13 2:25pm
Msg #473856

Very Good Post

Absolutely right. Every signing is truly the "great unknown".

Generally speaking after over 8,000 loans in 12 years, one manages to run across almost every situation that can exist - including a borderline hoarder (dunno how she ever got the loan) - we signed outside on the patio. All the moaning and groaning about horrible borrowers, and their pets and their homes is just so much bla bla from newbies who don't know any better I suppose.

Those of us with experience know to always expect the unexpected and be ready to roll with the punches, as it were. A good signing agent will go with the flow, and work a little harder to make grumpy borrowers happier by the time he or she leaves. The rewards in the business are smooth signings with pleasant borrowers executing reasonable size loan packages after a short drive from your office (how often does that happen?).

Other days, not so great, but you soldier on, you do the 160 page loan signing with weird customers, thankful that you charged enough (unlike some who sign loans almost for free and then complain mightily) to compensate you for the unexpected events. You do it, get rid of it, remember it, and don't take one of those again (if possible). The customer thing is sort of fun - turning them around and by the end of the loan they are (at least) not as grumpy as when they started.

The business is the business. It is what it is and it's always changing. If you're a professional, you handle it all as it comes. And you keep learning (hopefully).

If a person doesn't like this business, then he or she needs to find something else to do - but for goodness sakes, quit complaining - no one truly cares.

Oh, and read the original post again - it makes pretty good sense.

Reply by Vanessa/VA on 6/18/13 3:04pm
Msg #473865

Excellent post! Attitude is everything!! n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/18/13 3:55pm
Msg #473873

Love your attitude, lady! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 6/18/13 5:06pm
Msg #473880

Thanks for this post! ;-) n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/19/13 7:32am
Msg #473937

Great post! Love the Perspective & roll w/it concept! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.