Notary Rotary
Title Source
Notary Discussion History

Title Source
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Sylvia McKnight on 6/20/13 7:37pm
Msg #474149

Title Source

Do they send docs on time? Which lenders do they service? How are their packages (no. of pages, approximately)... thanks Smile

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/20/13 7:43pm
Msg #474151

If you use the orange "search" button above, you'll find lots of discussion on Title Source.

Reply by John E. Rogers on 6/20/13 8:58pm
Msg #474158

I have had few problems with TSI; docs usually on time, minimal # of docs, no faxbacks, they pay a decent fee and in a timely manner (30 days or less). I find them a good company to work with. In the past few months, they have apparently hired new people as occasionally, docs have errors, and responders not very knowledge but in spite of these things, I still find them a solid company. They usually work with Quicken Loans/Rock Financial and again, few problems. jer/oh

Reply by Robert522TX on 6/20/13 9:08pm
Msg #474161

I've done quite a few Quicken Loans through Title Source; they really "have their stuff together" ... as few pages as possible, everything very easy to read and organized. When borrowers have a question, it does take a few minutes to get through their help line, but the people there are always very nice, and provide a quick response for their customer.

Some of these loans, they over night a copy for the borrower, as well as the copy to be signed to the borrowers home, and it's all just there waiting on me when I get there, along with 2 pens, and the ups envelope and shipping label. Doesn't get much better than that! Smile

Even the loans through them that aren't Quicken are put together really well, and easy to work with.

I'll take all they have to give me!

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/20/13 9:15pm
Msg #474163

I think they really prepare the BO. Never an issue the BOs seem to know their loan. Small package no fuss no muss..print one set if its a Quicken ..I could do these all day long and I take all the send me!

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/21/13 2:09am
Msg #474193

Great company, doc's arrive early 98% of the time. Only a few lenders outside CHASE,Quicken, Wells Fargo you may be stuck waiting till last minute ( I try and avoid them ) Payments are great, just got a payment yesterday for the rest of May. When they slow down, time to worry.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 6/21/13 8:55am
Msg #474207

Really one of my favorites: usually book days early, doc arrival can be a problem, but they do call me when available online or email me and do respond when I have to call by noon for afternoon signing. (My area is rural with usually only 1 signing per day, which works well for me as there's drive time involved AND I'm semi-retired/not expecting signings to produce all living expenses) TS pays quickly and meet a $xxx fee.

Reply by Linda Spanski on 6/21/13 9:30am
Msg #474214

No pay for faxbacks

Title Source is usually a pleasure to work with but they refuse to pay for faxbacks. And yesterday I received only half fee for an aborted signing. Their schedulers are exceptionally pleasant and easy to talk to.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/21/13 10:52am
Msg #474231

Re: No pay for faxbacks ... nor do they pay for

additional distance. For instance, my base fee covers up to a 15 mile radius. However, my coverage area includes several counties. I'll drive more than 100 miles one-way if the hiring party agrees to my fee for additional travel.

With Title Source, whatever fee is in your profile for that service for that county, that's what you get. If your profile says your fee for a refi is $100 and edocs is an additional $25 for Placer county, that's what you get for an edoc refi - $125. Doesn't matter that signing location is 50 miles from you. They won't negotiate a new fee when scheduling; they won't re-negotiate after scheduling; and, if you raise your fees to cover all bases, they never call you again. True experience.

Morale of the story: When accepting an assignment from Title Source, be sure your profile-stated fee covers all parameters.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/21/13 2:35pm
Msg #474249

Easy to talk to

I agree TSI agents nice and helpful - just have to reach one 1st! Wait times are long (sure EOM worse now); may also just be the summer vacation busy season with less staff.

I was on hold a long time at borrowers' last night regarding signature issue (hate those!); and also the other day trying to get FedEx label (only to get transferred and told UPS only)*

*UPS store only had labels with air/express (no time), so clerk suggested I see if they had fedex acct.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.