Notary Rotary
Told an SS that if they allowed an older invoice to lapse
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 6/15/13 4:59pm
Msg #473488

beyond 60 days since signing, I would have to turn down future assignments until it was paid. Admittedly not something either of us wants. In the last few days I have received payment on 3 of their invoices - but not the oldest one which is now 60 days old. Since they have made such an effort to pay me I am going to continue to take work from them but ask again why has this older one has been skipped? Is this what you would do and do you think there is a reason for jumping over an older invoice (let it fall between the cracks - maybe I might forget about it)?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/15/13 5:15pm
Msg #473489

What is the SS's reasoning for this?

Is it maybe a case of that loan didn't fund and their policy is no fund, no pay?

Reply by MonicaFL on 6/17/13 7:20am
Msg #473616

Re: What is the SS's reasoning for this?

What I would like to know is this: Why would a signing service negotiate a fee and not state that regardless of whether or not the loan funds, they would be paid (and the notary should be paid regardless) Its not the SS or the notary's problem that a loan doesn't fund - that problem should weigh on the shoulders of the L/O. He is the one who should be penalized not the SS or the notary!!!! JMHO

Reply by Darlin_AL on 6/17/13 10:14am
Msg #473643

from long-time accting/bkkeeping experience:

call every day until you are told check #1234 is in the mail. Other defined procedures (cert mail demand,etc) as time-frame dictates to substantiate your case. I've been on both ends of this process, and the folks who keep calling do get response. If they are not answering the phones at any time, then just go ahead with the collection procedure. You must call at 30 days, do not wait 60 days to call. If it is a "crack" it is your money they are working with until you get paid.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 6/17/13 1:13pm
Msg #473658

Perhaps this old invoice did fall through the cracks or maybe they sent a check and it was lost in the mail. It's odd that they would pay for 3 other invoices and not this one. I would call for clarification as to why this invoice was skipped.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.