Notary Rotary
Trend for Low Fee, Slow Pay, less than stellar SS companies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 6/10/13 12:59pm
Msg #472782

A close friend of mine who has education up the kazoo recently became a signing agent. He's been doing this for about 9 months. He accepted a job for $75, including edocs on April 11, 2012. He just received an email that his check is in the mail, almost 60 days from the date of his assignment completion, and they deducted $5 for failure to "check in"? Really.

Aren't these companies making enough money on the transaction without dinging the notary for "failure to check in?"

It was a busy day, he emailed but did not call the SS, now they are dinging him.

Careful who you accept work for, read the fine print, and don't take these $75 assignments. They are ridiculous. There were 12 notarizations, that's easily $125! I'll bet SS made $200.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/10/13 1:18pm
Msg #472788

Now I've heard it all

$5 deduction for "failure to check in"!! What professional needs that kind of disrespect?

During Memorial Day weekend I accepted more assignments than I normally would and hardly had time between appointments to confirm the closing. Sometimes a vendor would give a "reminder" auto call. I am trying to remember to do as the last thing before I leave signers.

Your friend should send out a new invoice with a $20.00 "late Fee". Sixty days to get paid is Unreal.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/10/13 2:19pm
Msg #472797

Re: Now I've heard it all

signingstream.com, formerly homesignings and finallink...thieves and liars.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 6/10/13 5:31pm
Msg #472817

Cheryl-here you go confusing me again :)

when you posted Msg #472296 last week, I wondered if someone had hacked your account and posted because you gave such a glowing recommendation of Signing Stream and Henry Jawhary who purchased Home Signings last year.
Remember saying this?
"Kindly disregard any earlier referenes I've made re. relationship between Final Link, Home Signings and Signing Stream Inc, other than that Henry Jawhardy purchased Home Signings last year from Mr. Abdallah."

Reply by CarolF/NC on 6/10/13 6:14pm
Msg #472821

So glad you asked that. I think she was forced to post that

hmmm, she must know something she's not sharing. I'd love to see that original email that was sent to her by Henry.

Reply by JinCA on 6/10/13 6:45pm
Msg #472827

Re: So glad you asked that. I think she was forced to post that

I too am confused by 101livescan's conflicting messages. Would also like to know the truth. Perhaps her glowing review was meant to be sarcastic?

Reply by 101livescan on 6/11/13 12:25am
Msg #472855

Re: So glad you asked that. I think she was forced to post that

Absolutely...stay tuned, Henry and Mazen are friends on facebook...it's a ploy to deceive everyone into working for them for cheap, they'll end up not paying notaries again.

Easy to file BK.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/11/13 9:21pm
Msg #472989

So, if EVERYONE is ratting these guys out,

why a forced "apology?" If a suit is threatened, would have to be "class action."

Reply by Marina Hernandez on 6/10/13 7:24pm
Msg #472833

Re: Now I've heard it all

I received two short payments today, same company name.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/10/13 6:48pm
Msg #472829

Nothing wrong w/ tacking on late fee for ths who don't pay. n/m

Reply by ToniK on 6/10/13 2:03pm
Msg #472795

Lol sounds like Loan processing center. Notorious for that.

Reply by ToniK on 6/10/13 2:03pm
Msg #472796

Lol sounds like Loan processing center. Notorious for that.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/10/13 8:48pm
Msg #472837

About educated people....

<<<A close friend of mine who has education up the kazoo.....>>>

I once notarized for a nuclear physicist......she admitted that she didn't know much about real estate/loan doc package. I also notarized for a psychiatrist....who also had a limited knowledge of real estate/loan doc package as was evident by the questions he asked at the table. I said that to say that someone with "education up the kazoo" doesn't mean much, regarding a craft they don't know. They know about *their* craft.....not *every* craft as is evident by your statement (i.e. He accepted a job for $75, including edocs....).

Eventually, he'll learn the NSA craft. It's great that he is a learned person, I commend him, but having more degrees than a thermometer...actually makes him look WORSE when he does something dumb because it's expected that a learned person dot their I's and cross their T's before embarking on a business venture they know nothing about. JMHO

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/10/13 9:28pm
Msg #472841

Re: About educated people....

Experiences like this tend to "wise us up" quicker and give us an education we aren't likely to forget. When someone robs me I'm like the elephant (never forget) and ever wary.

'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 6/10/13 9:29pm
Msg #472842

Re: About educated people....

In my experience and opinion, over-educated people are book smart. Many lose common sense and reasoning, the more educated they are.

When I was in school, it wasn't the kids who had their nose stuck in books in order to get A's -- the smart kids were the ones pulling in B's and never cracked a book.

Reply by Gary Williamson on 6/11/13 11:32am
Msg #472898

I did my best to warn everyone about Signing Stream last month. They short every agreed fee by $5 to $35. I still have one outstanding by almost 60 days. It is for and agreed fee of $200. I am assuming that if I do get paid it will be short also. I have stopped signing for them and I was able to warn all of the notaries in my part of Northern California to stay away from Signing Stream.

Reply by leeinla on 7/12/13 10:56pm
Msg #476658

they called me today. The scheduler said, "Hi, Are you still a notary?". That was my warning sign. The fee was too low to accept the assignment. It was a real quick conversation. It takes a lot of work to be a signing agent. It has been discussed here before. I know assignments are slowing down, but you are still running a business. I prefer not to work for chump change.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.