Notary Rotary
programming dual tray brother printer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Thomas Nielsen on 6/14/13 6:00pm
Msg #473411

I am trying to program my Brother MFC-8690dw printer to print in the dual tray mode for loan docs. I have tray 1 set to letter size, and tried to set the multi-purpose (mpf) tray for legal, but its not working. I called Brother customer service, after being on hold for ages, a rep told me I cant program it for auto, I have to do it manually. Can anyone help me??

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 6/14/13 6:56pm
Msg #473417

They are correct. You can not use the MPF as a second tray. You need to purchase an additional tray for your printer, LT5300 Optional Lower Paper Tray (250 Sheet Capacity). Then you can print mixed letter and legal packages.

Reply by John/CT on 6/14/13 7:16pm
Msg #473422

And, you can specify "Auto" depending on the paper size (i.e., letter or legal).

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 6/14/13 8:52pm
Msg #473431

you absolutely can program auto-I have same mfc

its been a long time since I set it up but it is discussed in the online manual or CD. I think you must set paper size on machine, configure you driver and set preferences in "devices & printers."
you might also try FAQ on brother web site.
it wasn't really that difficult, but you have to read and follow their directions in the order given Smile
good luck!!

Reply by Tudi/CA on 6/15/13 1:48am
Msg #473440

Call Brother's Customer Support Line

I also have a Brother printer (dual tray). I had some trouble setting it up, but I called their customer support line for help. If you have any questions at all, call their customer support number...One of their support people will walk you step by step through the process of setting it up. Once you get it set up correctly, it works great.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.