Notary Rotary
An oldie...but GOODie... Client/Vendor relationships
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 3/20/13 1:19pm
Msg #462159

Yesterday's kerfuffle reminded me of this video I posted about 4 years ago. It's *still* rings true. People, we, the notaries are the vendors. The companies looking to hire us to perform a service are the clients. We are NOT their employees.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/20/13 1:24pm
Msg #462160

Let me also add this gem....

Warning, though... there's some naughty NSFW language on this site. But it is funny!

http://shouldiworkforfree.com/

Reply by Alice/MD on 3/20/13 2:00pm
Msg #462171

Re: Let me also add this gem....

This IS a gem Mariam .... I think this is the message everyone should GET and understand, if they are in this industry! Some people in this industry do not know what they are in it for. They just don't understand. Are they in business to make a profit or for social contact? Thanks Marian!

Reply by ikando on 3/20/13 5:51pm
Msg #462235

Re: Let me also add this gem....

I clicked on the "non-F-bomb" version. Under, Is it for a friend, one of the questions is, Are you a masochist? Love that. I do offer my services for free or a reduced price when I want to, but to have someone EXPECT it from me, if I accepted, that would be masochistic, and I don't enjoy that.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/20/13 1:40pm
Msg #462162

These about sum it up, all right! We are not the blue-light Special at K-Mart!

There are two things I'm very passionate about. The quality of my work and my vendors, and getting paid fairly and prompty for this.

Love these, Marian, how timely!

Reply by Gregory/CA on 3/20/13 2:05pm
Msg #462175

Wow! I love the Wimpy reference - -

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger Today".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.