Notary Rotary
Background Screening
Notary Discussion History

Background Screening
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Carol Norwood on 3/6/13 8:54am
Msg #459473

Background Screening

Wondering where what companies you use for background screening. I have used the NNA in the past but you must purchase other items in a package such as Signing Agent, etc.

Reply by janCA on 3/6/13 9:01am
Msg #459474

Right here on NR, check it out in supplies. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/6/13 9:07am
Msg #459475

You can do it right here on NotRot, but

many companies don't accept it.

You can now get just the BGC from NNA - guess they got too much pushback on their package deals.

Reply by janCA on 3/6/13 9:09am
Msg #459476

Re: You can do it right here on NotRot, but

Linda, All companies I work with, accept the NR BGC. Have never had TC or SS turn it down.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/6/13 9:15am
Msg #459478

Well, I've had it rejected....please believe I'm not

putting down NR and it's products and services - but it is what it is...the BGC is not universally accepted and I've let Admin know that - they were going to look into - 2 years go.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/6/13 9:16am
Msg #459479

oops...s/b "ago" n/m

Reply by FGX/NJ on 3/6/13 9:41am
Msg #459483

Re: Well, I've had it rejected....please believe I'm not

Recently rejected by LSI and Title Source.

Reply by janCA on 3/6/13 10:12am
Msg #459491

I don't work with LSI, so moot point, and TS accepted the NR BGC.

Reply by FGX/NJ on 3/6/13 10:50am
Msg #459509

TS accepted NR in the past but rejected new one last week.
Only NNA or Lexis Nexis now

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/6/13 9:43am
Msg #459485

Re: You can do it right here on NotRot, but

Jan, I have had several insist on no other than the NNA one. In fact, with two of them, I'm being told no more work from them until I send them my updated NNA background check, since my previous one expired last year. Since November, I've been BCG'd by the CA DOJ, FBI plus gone through the one here at NotRot and Four other independent ones that were paid for by the company wanting it. None of that is good enough to these two.

Reply by A S Johnson on 3/6/13 10:05am
Msg #459489

Would requiring you to join NNA to get their BGC be a vilation of rules for this type of trade organization?
If is within the rule, what is next, their suggested price list as the standard for us to work by? I know it has been ruled as price fixing, but if they really wanted to press that, would a real court say it is price fixing?
You Califorains need to do something about this NNA, remember it was once the Califorina Notary Association.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 3/6/13 10:12am
Msg #459492

Don't put the load on us - is NATIONAL Notary Association

;-)

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 3/6/13 10:13am
Msg #459493

Maybe everyone needs to do something about it...NATIONAL... n/m

Reply by A S Johnson on 3/6/13 10:18am
Msg #459496

Yes, I would agree that thier name says "National", but they are still the California notary Association. The even Have the name Texas Notary Assoiation name copywrited, the veryreason you don't ever see it use. We and our state orgainiations do NOT like them

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 3/6/13 10:21am
Msg #459500

Everyone entitled to their opinion... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.