Notary Rotary
Blue vs. Black notary seal
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 3/1/13 10:50am
Msg #458714

I have always use black seal. But I was thinking of changing. Does any one knows of any county recorders rejecting a document because of a blue ink notary seal?

Reply by SAmobile/TX on 3/1/13 10:59am
Msg #458718

I have noticed that all of the Chase closings i have done ask for black ink on the notary seal.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/1/13 11:01am
Msg #458719

Shoot... I use PURPLE. Smile

Seriously, though, in California, we can use any color ink for our seal that we wish as long as it is "photographically reproducible" -- so some green inks aren't a great idea because they actually don't photocopy well.

If somebody tried to reject something I did based on the color of my stamp, I'd take them to task over it because as long as my seal meets state law requirements they have no argument.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/1/13 11:04am
Msg #458722

Speaking only for CA, I don't think ink color is up to the county recorder. The state sets the rules, which say only that the seal impression must be photograhically reproducable. I have 3 seals, including a round one with purple ink which I use all the time (unless it won't fit.) So I'm sure blue ink will be fine - as would be any number of other colors. As long as it can be seen when the doc is copied.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 3/1/13 12:13pm
Msg #458742

In AZ, we can only get 1 seal at a time. I long for a purple one.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/1/13 12:24pm
Msg #458746

That's so stupid. You oughtta get AZ to change that rule!. (I know, good luck with that.) In the meantime, can't you just change ink color when you refill?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 3/1/13 12:27pm
Msg #458748

They say it's a fraud deterrant. I never have a problem getting another seal. I would like a couple of sizes too!

Reply by HisHughness on 3/1/13 12:22pm
Msg #458745

Every quadrennium, I order two seals, one black, one blue

I use the blue seal on all documents; the black seal is for backup, and in the event I encounter a client who prefers black. In the past 10 years, I used the black seal only for the brief period after my briefcase was stolen and until I could get a replacement blue seal. I also use the blue seal for Chase loans, and have never had a complaint.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/1/13 8:27pm
Msg #458851

Why didn't I think to get hot pink n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.