Notary Rotary
Brother 8950 DWT
Notary Discussion History

Brother 8950 DWT
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Andrea Wisniewski on 3/8/13 7:59pm
Msg #460166

Brother 8950 DWT

Just got this all in one (printer-fax-scanner) today. It has 2 trays - one letter - one legal. Only problem is when it runs out of legal, it just goes and grabs the letter size because that tray is not empty. So I wind up printing legal docs cut off before I realized. Has anyone heard of a printer doing this? I called customer support and they said it's just the way it works. Huh?? That doesn't sound right, does it?
I bought brother because my previous HL-8050N stopped. But I got a lot of good service for many years. Never had that issue. When the printer ran out of one size it just stopped printing.
Is it possible this rep just didn't know what he was talking about or is it possible that this machine is that ridiculously designed?
Anybody out there have any idea?

Reply by Note_this_CA on 3/8/13 9:11pm
Msg #460173

I use a 5370 DWT and I'm sure it is just a settiing. Took me awhile to get set up properly. Don't expect Brother tech to help you, I found their knowledge lacking. Try google or just experiment with the printer settings.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/8/13 9:44pm
Msg #460174

I will make exception to that statement

When I call Brother support, I have great luck. I might have a bit of a wait, and they are not there over the week-end, but I have always been rewarded with excellent service and advice. They have walked me through all of my last 3 printers set up to making sure all is printing as they should.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/8/13 9:58pm
Msg #460175

Re: I will make exception to that statement

They offer telephone support for the life of your machine - look under the Support tab
http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/MFC8950DW/Overview

MFC Customer Service
7777 North Brother Blvd.
Bartlett, Tennessee 38133
1-877-BROTHER (877-276-8437)
901-379-1215 (fax)
M-F, 9:00am to 8:00pm Eastern Time

Or you can have a live chat.....just not my preferred.

Another thing that I really like is that when I call for something (like I just did this past week) they follow up with a transcript of what we did to correct the problem, so that if that particular problem happens again, I have the solution at my fingertips. I used to stay current with all the fixes, etc., now I just want to know where to go to get what I need and prefer to not remember as much. More important things - like time to take my nap.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 3/8/13 11:41pm
Msg #460183

Re: I will make exception to that statement and...

that echoes my experience; very good to deal with.
A SOLUTION FOR THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM:

until you get it solved permanently, pull out the oettersize drawer 1/2-way and dwhen it runs out of legal it will stop.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.