Notary Rotary
CLOSING SCHEDULED THIS AFTERNOON
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Resilient/MD on 3/16/13 1:55pm
Msg #461568

Had signing this afternoon approx. 40 miles. Received docs it was BOA-Valu America. 167 pages x 2, 334 pages to print. Before I printed called back to re-negotiate my fee. Said he would call me back. Well he did and they couldn't meet my fee and they found another notary.

Reply by upnorth/AK on 3/16/13 1:59pm
Msg #461569

I'm curious how many pages your fee includes as I have had quite a few packages with that many docs lately, seems to be the new trend.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/16/13 2:07pm
Msg #461572

My fee is 125 pages. But with this particular closing it was two-fold: the amount of pages and distance. I was losing.

Reply by LMS on 3/16/13 2:13pm
Msg #461573

Since you should have already priced for the distance, the only issue would be the page count, and since you do not have to print the 33ish pages of closing instructions or all the TIL's since the packages contain both the one needed to send back and the borrower copy(ies) or more than one affiliated business disclousure, the page count wouldn't require an add'l fee.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/16/13 2:17pm
Msg #461575

It warranted an additional fee for me.

Reply by FormerEO on 3/16/13 2:44pm
Msg #461579

I'm sure there are some signing service people reading this post and they will just love knowing you think you have the right to make the determination what docs to print and what docs not to print.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/16/13 4:09pm
Msg #461601

This is hardly the case

***since you do not have to print the 33ish pages of closing instructions***

Just this week I had a client who wanted me to fax back escrow instructions. I charged for it.

Further, I charge for my time. It takes up my time to go through a 198-page closing packet to cherry pick what should be printed, and what should not be, and to decide what to include in the closing packet and what not to include in the borrowr's packet.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 3/17/13 11:59am
Msg #461714

Re: This is hardly the case

I can't believe the number of people that think they are "saving" pennies while wasting dollars, in time, by trying to not print certain docs.

If they would just price their services properly (i.e. charge more for larger packages) it wouldn't be an issue.

I agree with you, Hugh, the most valuable asset in my business is me, which includes my time. I charge for my time.

Reply by Suzibelle01 on 3/16/13 2:16pm
Msg #461574

Did you tell them that you couldn't do it for the original fee or did they just take it from you and give it to another notary? Happened to me yesterday with National Loan Closings. Docs weren't ready so had to reschedule for the next night. I said I was available but then found out that they rescheduled with another notary and didn't let me know. I had to call them. Somehow we notaries have to stick together and refuse the lowballers !!!!

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/16/13 2:21pm
Msg #461577

And that is exactly who it was NLC. Yes, I did tell him that I could not do it for that fee. I gave him my fee. He called me back to say they could not meet my fee and they found another notary. Then, shortly after that. I received another call from NLC for another signing of which I took and they of course met my fee $XXX.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 3/17/13 12:05pm
Msg #461716

Did you up your fee for the second call for larger pkg? n/m

Reply by Alice/MD on 3/16/13 2:50pm
Msg #461581

Lesson to be learned with lowballers

When they (the lowballers) call me and I tell them my fee starts at $150... they will often say " I will have to get your fee approved . " Most of the time, they will call me back and say " are you still available"? Some times I will say... I am no longer available. I just wonder if they offer the next notary the $150 they got approved for me.

Susan is correct..."we notaries have to stick together and refuse the lowballers". Most of the notaries are getting paid less because that is what they asking. When I give my fee schedule, I am asked "do you really get paid that amount ?" and my answer is... YES I DO !!!

Reply by Belinda/CA on 3/16/13 4:09pm
Msg #461600

So, are you getting a print fee? n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 3/17/13 12:00pm
Msg #461715

Nothing printed so no print fee should be charged n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.