Notary Rotary
Cleaning up Newbie Signing Errors
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Monique Insalaco on 3/23/13 3:01pm
Msg #462688

As a newbie, (6 months in the business) I am always concerned about providing 100% accurate documents. I have not received any calls or other correspondence stating an error was made that needed correction, and I've never had my fee reduced for errors. Can I assume my documents have been accurate? Or will the hiring authority simply contact another notary to "clean up" any errors I might have made?

Do you recommend new signing agents follow up with hiring authority and ask if they have had any feedback?

I appreciate any feedback.
Regards,
Monique in NM

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/23/13 3:45pm
Msg #462692

Mostly, you'll hear about it and have to clean up after yourself. Exception being a total mess when they won't trust you to be able to do it and will call another notary. You'll only know because you won't receive a check; will receive a short one--and in some cases, you'll even be paid full fee and timely--and never ever receive another call. I suppose you could ask for feedback, but, imho, no news is good news.

Reply by Ruth/NJ on 3/23/13 5:57pm
Msg #462699

Thanks for the post. I was wondering the same thing.

Reply by Luckydog on 3/23/13 9:56pm
Msg #462731

No news is good news! NEVER check back and leave the doubt in their heads that you are incompetent or unsure of yourself. Trust me, they will call you because they do not want to pay another closer to go back out, and like to keep the notary consistent throughout the package with same stamp. Good work. You will know about the 3rd day after the closing if you screwed up.

Reply by Monique Insalaco on 3/24/13 6:43pm
Msg #462835

Thank you Luckydog. I'm feeling much better knowing the window is approximately 3 days. I thank you for your response.

Regards,
Monique in NM

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.