Notary Rotary
Crazy Bad/Good Closing . . .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 3/20/13 2:55pm
Msg #462193

Guess my good luck was up as of yesterday when I experienced a closing that I hope will not happen again for some time!

I was the 2nd notary to be scheduled for this closing within a weeks timeframe . . . the BO told me she was not pleased with the first notary, and from what I was told by the SS, the BO just "wasn't in the mood" to sign with her!!!

I did notice at first that the BO was a bit quirky, but friendly and interesting to talk to. Next I noticed her house was freezing, even with layered clothing on. Next, she got out a set of documents that the prev notary had left for the BO to review (at the BO's request). She then went line-for-line with her set of docs against what my set had in it!!! She called her LO at least a half dozen times during the closing to ask questions; she wasn't going any further until she got that particular question answered.

Her cell phone rang numerous times - her son just out of jail (she prayed with him on the phone), her friend called a couple of times about having dinner out that night). Then for some strange reason, every time she hung up, the phone would ring back to her, but no one was there! The BO kept yelling into the phone, "HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, HELLO"!!

She went to the bathroom several times (obviously she can't help that).

I kept thinking to myself, how can I take better control of this closing? I did interject a couple times, when i felt it was appropriate, and she did listen. She was so quirky, and I knew she was the type that needed to be handled with kids gloves in order to get the job done, which we did!

It took three hours to get the closing done - she was getting tired and I was tired and freezing. All I could think about was turning up the heat in my vehicle and stopping at McDonald's on the way home to get some hot coffee. It was pouring rain and windy when i left, so I decided to just hit the road and get home ASAP and turn up the heat.

On the positive side, the BO did tell the LO and his boss that she liked my style, I did not rush her, and I was professional. The LO told her they would add me to their "preferred list."

It takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round, right?

Reply by Teebs on 3/20/13 3:26pm
Msg #462201

Goes to show what good customer service (and patience) will get you!! Good for you!

Reply by 101livescan on 3/20/13 3:52pm
Msg #462213

Some times you gotta just go with the flow and you can't "push things" along any faster than they are going....take a deep breath and it will soon be over.

Reply by Shan/CA on 3/20/13 4:14pm
Msg #462219

Sounds like my signing on Tuesday. First thing they saw was incorrect #'s on the HUD. Husband calls LO (not from my phone, lesson learned!), LO mumbles something to husband, husband mumbles to wife. Wife says, "hell that's no answer, I will call myself." LO tries to mumble jumble the wife, wife is not having it. Wife hangs up on LO, then they start a texting conversation! WTH? One hour and 20 mins later, they have decided not to sign! I call say it's a no sign, pack up, they apologize, I head to the door. Wife meets me at my car and say, "sorry, so that we don't waste your time, we will sign and use the RTC if we have to!" Now, I have to call TC back and say they are going to sign. 2 1/2 hours later I was headed home. They had their 8 year old gymnast to entertain me. All is well that ends well.

Reply by Karla/OR on 3/20/13 6:13pm
Msg #462238

Yep, sounds like on the same level . . crazy times!!! n/m

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/20/13 8:11pm
Msg #462255

This morning I met with a lady who said she was highly allergic to fragrances and could not stand the fragrance from whatever was used in the laundry when the clothes I was wearing was washed. She could not stand to be in the same room with me so I stayed in the kitchen and she signed outdoors in the patio. Every now and then I would hear a lecture about refraining from using "toxic chemicals". I told her no one else has complained about how I smell.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/20/13 8:46pm
Msg #462263

I understand and empathize with what this woman goes through. I used to wonder why my mom liked no perfumes, while I was piling it on, samples everywhere as we walked through department stores, etc. At home she could be vicious and get headaches to match. Then, one day later in my life, approaching 40, I developed the same syndrome. Now, I can't stand to cook in my house for the smells that linger....not baking so much, but veggies and other stron,g smelling things. Perfumes drive me nuts, as does smoke and other fumes.

I am legend with my sons, wanting to know how I can smell anything from a mile away. They would step into range and I could smell where they had been, what they had been doing, unerringly. Some things not so troubling, but fragrances will drive me nuts.

It wasn't you doglover, it is us and our sensitivities. It is really a chemical soup world, worse for some. Be happy you don't suffer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.