Notary Rotary
Crazy Split Signing and Someone Got Fired
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 3/8/13 4:37pm
Msg #460138

I was assigned the 2nd half of a split signing on 3/4/2013 for 3/8/2013 and I was supposed to expect the docs by overnight mail. (This is a fairly new company and I have no idea how they found me.) I was called today to confirm I received the docs. I told them I had no docs. They said they were sent overnight on 3/7/2013 at 9:50 am and left at the property (no signature). Next it comes to light they had an old address for me; approximately 3.5 years old. I went to my old address and of course its locked up tight and no package. The last I heard from the signing company was that someone has been fired already over this and no one has contacted the lender or the borrower. I'm gonna love waiting to hear how this all turns out.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/8/13 4:47pm
Msg #460139

Wow! You mean to say they didn't even confirm with you your delivery address?!?!?!???

And, and, borrowers personal info is floating out there somewhere and Bo is unaware of this?

Hopefully, the current residents of your old address are honest and returned docs to sender when they realized it was something not meant for them.

Reply by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 3/8/13 4:54pm
Msg #460140

I know, right? This just keeps getting weirder. I used to live in a four-plex where the security gate was broken. When I went there the security gate was fixed and locked. So did FedEx leave the package outside the security gate and anyone on the street picked it up?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/8/13 5:23pm
Msg #460143

If they gave you the tracking number , you could find out where the pkg is at

Reply by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 3/8/13 5:35pm
Msg #460144

No tracking number was given to me either

Reply by CJ on 3/8/13 5:45pm
Msg #460146

Yes, and God forbid we don't give them the tracking number. n/m

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/8/13 5:45pm
Msg #460145

Obviously, you're not the one at fault here - whoever it was who put this thing together was working with outdated info.

Just a thought: "This is a fairly new company and I have no idea how they found me."

You should probably make a habit to ask every new company how they found you. That helps you figure out how and where your advertising dollars are paying off.

And if they tell you the docs are being shipped to you, you should verify that they have your current address. In this day of cell phones, it's easy for people to assume that just because you have the same phone number, you have the same address. I moved to TX last year but still have my NY cell phone number; I still occasionally get calls asking if I can do a signing in one of the two counties I covered back there, and my response has been "does that price you're offering include airfare?"

THEY should confirm your address, but they are lazy - once you're in their database, they don't bother to check for updates, so if they don't ask you should be the one to confirm it.

Reply by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 3/8/13 6:06pm
Msg #460150

I agree. I'm sorry the scheduler lost her job. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.