Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone know if Java has been fixed?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 3/9/13 2:12pm
Msg #460273

There were all kinds of warnings not long ago about it being very unsafe and that your computer and every bit of information on it is not secure.

I disarmed it a couple of months (I think) ago, but it keeps telling me there are updates. I was just curious.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/9/13 6:51pm
Msg #460317

Java says "yes", Feds maintain warning...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/01/14/oracle-says-java-is-fixed-feds-maintain-warning/1834355/

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/9/13 7:01pm
Msg #460320

Yikes! I missed hearing about this altogether. Can anyone tell me how to disable Java in Windows 7? Thanks! (And just a bit ago, I got a notice to update it. I decided to pass because I'm always leery about some of those updates...)

Thanks for mentioning this!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/9/13 7:55pm
Msg #460328

If you want to disable it completely, just got to Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features, then scroll down to Java, click on it, and select the option to remove the program. Understand that by doing this, some of the stuff you browse to on a regular basis will no longer work.

A better solution might be to install a 2-way firewall such as ZoneAlarm (free for home use), which allows you to block programs trying to get into your computer as well as those trying to get out without your permission.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/9/13 10:14pm
Msg #460353

Thank you, Mike! n/m

Reply by sueharke on 3/9/13 7:10pm
Msg #460322

Go to the website "www.kimkomando.com" and search the topic. She has written a lot about this issue.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/9/13 7:45pm
Msg #460326

There are updates being issued on a weekly basis, so the "fix" appears to be a work in progress.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.