Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone use Bluetooth cordless phone technology?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 3/3/13 2:47pm
Msg #459034

If so, do you use it with or without a land line? How satisfactorily does it work? Have you identified any shortcomings?

Reply by John Tennant on 3/3/13 3:27pm
Msg #459035

I have hearing aids and have a streamer that connects my cell phone, via bluetooth, directly into my hearing aids. Works fantastic. It excepts "auto answer" that I can activate whenever I want (driving) and everything is cordless. I do not use it on my landline.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 3/3/13 3:57pm
Msg #459037

I also have my phone bluetooth connected to my hearing aid. It is awesome! You can also listen to your music and a connected TV. The wife often comes in the room to see if I'm ok when I am listening to a BB game through my hearing aide and the sound is muted, reacting to a play, or when a news program pundent spews lies...But you have to have a bluetooth enabled hearing aide.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 3/3/13 4:08pm
Msg #459039

Hugh,
Bluetooth technology does not use a land line. It uses your cell phone. Do you have a bluetooth phone piece for your ear? You need one to use your phone wirelessly (if that is a word?). I can keep my phone in one room charging and answer a call in another room using the bluetooth ear piece (in my case that is my hearing aide). It's great. You can also use bluetooth technology to print to a wireless enabled printer. I use that to print my confirmations instead of going into my office. I just purchased a bluetooth receiver to attach to the Speaker system I used to have to plug my Ipod of phone into to listen to my music. Now I just Sync the two and the phone sends the music to the speakers and you control the selection and volume from your phone. I believe before long most electronics will be built with this feature.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/3/13 5:31pm
Msg #459049

I obviously should have been more explicit in my inquiry

I am not yet so senile that don't know what a bluetooth earbud is. The bluetooth technology to which I referred is this:

Bluetooth cordless phones

Bluetooth-enabled cordless phones can turn your cell phone or smartphone into a home phone. Panasonic, Uniden and Good Call, for example, have Bluetooth-enabled cordless phones that wirelessly connect with your mobile phone when you walk in the door. Then, when a call comes in, your cordless phone will ring. You can also make outgoing calls, too, of course. You can use your mobile phone with an existing landline service, but many people have cancelled their home phone account in favor of being reached with just one number.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/blogs/digital-crave/7-alternatives-landlines-225613103.html

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/3/13 5:54pm
Msg #459051

Re: I obviously should have been more explicit in my inquiry

I have an AT&T cordless phone that is bluetooth enabled. My cell phone automatically connects to it when I'm in the house, which I guess is what you're talking about. The only issue I have with it is that when a call comes in, both the cell and the home phone ring, which takes a little getting used to. No other issues with it, but then again I live in a small apartment so there's not really a problem with staying within range.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 3/3/13 4:59pm
Msg #459047

Hugh, this is what I use for home cordless phone, desk phone and blue tooth headset. I love it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Plantronics-Voyager-510S-Headset-with-HL10-Lifter-Over-the-ear-Monaural-/330776809797?pt=Business_Phone_Sets_Handsets&hash=item4d03d59145

Jenny

Reply by MW/VA on 3/4/13 8:24am
Msg #459070

Yes, I still have a land-line & my cordless phones are

dual function. It's fantastic not to have to carry my cell phone around the house, and is super convenient. I also have bluetooth in my car. I just couldn't get into those earpieces.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.