Email from SIGNINGSTREAM aka Home Signings
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by hodgy on 3/9/13 6:54pm
Msg #460318

Good Morning,

I have a signing Tuesday at 3pm in xxxxxxx, please only respond if you are available with your fee. You can reach me via email or contact me here at the office.

Thank you J

ME:

I never have time for signings with your company. I prefer to get paid a reasonable fee in a reasonable time. That just doesn't happen with your company. Check Notary Rotary for your ratings.

THEM:

We will take you off our call log.

Have a great day! J

ME:

Great!!

Reply by 101livescan on 3/9/13 7:02pm
Msg #460321

Sweet!

Reply by Kate/PA on 3/9/13 8:27pm
Msg #460333

To bad 4 newbies like me they only hire experience people. They specify it on there website. Trying to bet my foot in somewhere.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/9/13 8:35pm
Msg #460338

But not here, Kate. They won't pay you well, if at all.

Reply by Kate/PA on 3/9/13 10:01pm
Msg #460349

Really? How can they get away with not paying people?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/9/13 10:08pm
Msg #460351

Oooooh, Kate! If I were to guess the total amount of $$ that signing services/TCs/lenders, attorneys have cheated NSAs out of, I don't think I can count that high.

Hundreds of thousands I would bet.

Please don't focus on the scumbags like SiningStream aka Home Signings.... they are most likely to never pay and you will be chasing your money forever. Actually, chasing your money (which you will never see) might actually be a rite of passage in the loan signing business. Maybe that's how we learn ....
Never trust anybody - even the good payers. Keep on top of accounts receivable and never extend too much credit with a new hiring agency ... 2 -3 signings at most.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/9/13 10:12pm
Msg #460352

EZ. They are all former and/or current signing agents themselves. They hire you, you're in PA, they are here in CA. You're new. You're young. Are you going to know how to collect from them? Are you going to spend $800 to fly roundtrip to collect your money? So they're hedging their bets. You won't come after them. They make $XXX, you get nothing. you do all the work. Easiest money ever.

They started out as Final Link, then became Home Signings, and currently they are SigningStream with a very nice website, and they have done a great job of slapping themselves on the back. They have stiffed many hard working NSAs coast to coast. At least CA notaries can go knock on their door. They are very clever, except one day the CA Attorney General and the OC District Attorney will pay them a visit for their shananigans.

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/9/13 11:41pm
Msg #460362

They called me three times yesterday said they were not Fina

Said they were not ever Final Link. I told them that they still owed me for three closings from the end of 2011 when they were going by the name Final Link, so will not do any closings for their company until they pay me for them. I told them that according to members on Notary Rotary they were Final Link, then Home Signings and Signingstream.

I later got a call from someone there that said that they were never Final Link. Then he asked me if I will please take the signing and they always pay their notaries. He even offered to give me names of other notaries that will vouch for them. I said no. I've been stiffed by too many companies and will only work with my current clients or those recommended by well-known members of Notary Rotary.

Reply by hodgy on 3/10/13 6:59am
Msg #460363

Re: They called me three times yesterday said they were not Fina

Good for you jojo. They are a bad company. Even if you can get them to meet your fee it will take approx. 3 months to get paid and that is if you stay on them via phone and email. I am not sure what happens if you just wait - probably you will never get paid. They sound nice up front until the job is done and then the communication stops.

Reply by Jack/AL on 3/10/13 11:35am
Msg #460381

Kate, 101livescan's reply provides good food for thought. Look at a situation of being owed, from your viewpoint. Let us pretend that I owe you some money, perhaps $100 (for example only). Here I am in north Alabama, and you are elsewhere. Just what could you possibly do to convince me to pay you (if I were a low-life scoundrell, lier, and cheat)? I doubt that you'll arrive at my doorstep to beat me up, but if you do, I'll have the pleasure of sueing you for more than you'll ever earn. Seriously, what could you do that would work, and what would it require of you in time, money, effort, and frustration? If you do come up with a feasible soluton, there are many posters who would love to learn your process, for many of us are owed by such deadbeats.

Reply by Kate/PA on 3/10/13 3:06pm
Msg #460405

Good to know to avoid them.

Reply by hodgy on 3/10/13 7:00am
Msg #460364

Kate get your foot in somewhere else and not with this company. Or is it you just want the experience of signings without the need to get paid?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.