Notary Rotary
Estelle Lykes
Notary Discussion History

Estelle Lykes
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Rita Adu on 3/29/13 9:04am
Msg #463650

Estelle Lykes

This person on the "hate site" drew my interest b/c she is from Maryland as I am. What's interesting here is that Maryland is a LTP State. Anyone doing Real Estate transactions must be a Licensed Title Insurance Producer. I've searched our state's site for Ms. Lykes and she's not there. Not only did they slander her name, but they hired her to do an illegal job. This is a long standing problem in our state. I hear of countless notaries without the proper credentials closing real estate loans. It's simply not allowed. That's how the companies who pay very little can get away with it. I hope someone reports this to the Maryland Insurance Agency.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 3/29/13 9:10am
Msg #463651

Since you did the research and posted here about it, why don't you report her?

Reply by ToniK on 3/29/13 9:14am
Msg #463652

Right Shoshana on another note

yes there are alot of MD notaries who dont have TPL. Im even called to do MD loans (cuz Im about 30 min drive from freerick across the river) and I let them know they need and MD notary with TPL. Especially mortgagedocs who send out blast emails and only pay $40-65, Im pretty sure those arent TPL notaries.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/29/13 10:41am
Msg #463657

Re: Right Shoshana on another note

Also, when doing a closing, we MUST put our name, address and TPL No. on the Deed of Trust where we notarize. That was mandated in 2011. As a former auditor for 2 major title underwriters, looking for that information was part of my review, analzying documents.

Reply by Allison Patricia on 4/25/13 7:02pm
Msg #467197

Re: Right Shoshana on another note

I just checked-- and you only need a TPL in Maryland if you're doing a residential loan that is located in maryland... for example, you don't need a TPL to do a loan for a property in a different state. Also, you don't need a TPL for auto loans or commercial property loans, among others.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/29/13 10:37am
Msg #463656

I'm also in Maryland. No worries, MIA (Maryland Ins. Adminstration) is beginning to go after those people and companies. Got this info. from MIA. They maybe offering rewards and a hotlines for people to call. Maryland, Virginia and DC you MUST have a Title Producer License because we are selling insurance...Title insurance.

Reply by ToniK on 3/29/13 8:26pm
Msg #463735

Va does not require TPL

We are not selling Title Insurance.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 3/29/13 3:09pm
Msg #463704

The problem reporting someone who is operating illegally in Maryland is we must have the borrowers names so we can look up the DOT to verify she closed the loan. MIA will want evidence, all we have is a name. Not much to go on. In the past I have called to talk to the Notary asking if they have a license. I'm not shy.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/29/13 3:19pm
Msg #463709

I dont have time now but you can go to MIA-Title producer section and search to see if this person has a TPL. If, I have time this weekend. I will do it.

Reply by hodgy on 3/29/13 3:25pm
Msg #463710

So let me get this straight....

You are using a website that everyone says is fabricating and lying to report another notary of wrong-doing? I guess that website is winning....

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/30/13 12:19am
Msg #463754

That's an excellent point hodgy

Maybe Estelle didn't even close a loan, and they are saying so to be spiteful for something else...just saying...maybe we shouldn't rush to judge her.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 3/29/13 3:56pm
Msg #463712

If it is a property outside of MD....

Does the notary still need to be a licensed title insurance producer?

Reply by ToniK on 3/29/13 8:28pm
Msg #463736

No, I closed a few MD loans. No issues here n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.