Notary Rotary
Ever forget to put the billing account number on Fed Ex
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 3/25/13 7:53pm
Msg #462990

package. STOMP, STOMP, STOMP is not helping. Has recipients address and phone number as sender and receiver. Was wondering if they would call them for the acct number. I did call fed ex and they said after it gets scanned in tomorrow they can add it. It's not my account number and they will let me add it? Anyone have any experience with this or am I the first one to have a brain fart like this.

Reply by ToniK on 3/25/13 8:00pm
Msg #462991

if no acct number fedex will look in system to see if either parties have an acct #, if title rejects the billing, they will bill other party.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/25/13 8:07pm
Msg #462992

txs. I hope the address is the one listed to the account n/m

Reply by Scriba/NM on 3/25/13 10:50pm
Msg #463012

Maybe I'm Missing Something Here...........

A. Even if you fill out one of the old-fashioned hand written air bills, when you hand it to the person at the counter, that person can't just wave a wand and check your package in. What did he/she say to you? What did you say to him or her? (Oh, you used a "drop box" ?) Not smart. You didn't get a computer generated receipt? Why not?

B. If you get a FedEx or UPS account (hopefully both) you enter the data into the computer (once) and that problem doesn't happen. The account numbers are already in the system. (You're still using hand-written air bills?) Oh my. Hand-written air bills are unprofessional. So is NOT getting a receipt.

This is a serious profession, although from the stuff I see here, there are a lot of people who apparently think it's okay to just do "whatever."

An important part of this job is getting the documents back to the title company. "Forgetting" isn't in the cards when it comes to someone's loan, and sending docs back on time properly is just as important as receiving them.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/25/13 11:13pm
Msg #463016

Thanks for the lecture. Some of us live in rural areas

and yes have to use drop boxes. I will not print online as it links to my account and too many issues with getting billed when you should not. Personally I believe all companies should provide labels and I think it's unprofessional that they do not. JMO

Reply by BobtheElder on 3/25/13 11:27pm
Msg #463021

Re: Thanks for the lecture. Some of us live in rural areas

I think I've had one w/o a label in the past year...

Reply by jba/fl on 3/26/13 6:21am
Msg #463033

I've never had this happen. Why? I proofread EVERYTHING.

And I always put a phone number on the label when I hand write them. Think you weren't given a number to use? Look again - it is on the HUD settlement statement most of the time and again, if not, this is an instance that GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Please people, learn to sing this over and over: Google is my Friend! I can find anything through Google.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/26/13 8:21am
Msg #463048

I hope when I have surgery you are my surgeon Julie...

it was one of those last minute late doc signings with the "we are sending you the correct account number" deals and then I spaced and dropped without it. I'm human and I make mistakes. For all those who never do, I can only say that I wish I were you and I hope you are in my next operating room. And the address to return to and phone number are NOT the same as on HUD or listed anywhere in the package. Came in the email from SS.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/26/13 8:34am
Msg #463050

"last minute late doc signings " - so why the rush to drop? n/m

Reply by Stoli on 3/26/13 6:51am
Msg #463034

The phone number was on the label:

...."Has recipients address and phone number as sender and receiver. "

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.