Notary Rotary
Fighting back over BG checks
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by notaryKing on 3/26/13 10:42pm
Msg #463230

Without getting too winded of a message, there are a couple of SS's who are resolute about me getting a BG check thru their company, or NNA. I really have an issue with this. Let me explain.

I am new to this board, but I've been doing this a long time. I have everything that is necessary to do what I do. I used to work in law enforcement years ago, I know the BG check routine. When I got mine, I went to the police in my state, who ran me through NCIC and on the BG cert it also has the sex offender clearance, that Dru Sjodin law. That is updated by the FBI only. Here's where I am.

Let me know if this is a good idea. These companies who do this, I'm emailing my info with a short diatribe about accepting what I have. Even when the almighty NNA runs someone, they call Lexis Nexis. Who do you think LN is linked with? You got it, state police records, Fed records, etc. LN is known for inaccuracies, my state police and FBI aren't. I'm going to give these companies one shot to put me in, if they still balk, I'm going to the Better Business Bureau with the emails trying to get in and why I'm being told I can't do the jobs.

I think I have a great case to be sided with by the BBB. If it's one thing a company hates, it's getting a booger on it's BBB record. All complaints are logged, go to arbitration, and a decision is made. Even if I don't win, if enough people stand their ground and do this, we will win. This is called a "shakedown" that is being done to us, they're asking for more money when we already have what is needed. This companies who are not budging on the checks are in bed and getting a kickback, it's so easy to tell. So many companies have asked me to go thru them, then they see what I have when I email or fax it, and its always good. Only a few, but what a few do is worth it so the rest don't fall into line and the next thing you know we need a BG check for every company, and don't think that can't happen with all the restrictions nowadays.

We can try to starve them out by rejecting their jobs, but we all know a bottom feeder will scoop up their deal and do as they say to make $15 on a 300 page, 30 mile trip job. If a few of us pound them on the BBB, watch the higher ups start dealing with this instead of some tool who won't even work at the SS in 3 months.

..............or should I just shut the he!! up. Just an idea.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/26/13 10:54pm
Msg #463233

Don't shut up. If you find a way to n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/26/13 10:55pm
Msg #463234

Re: Don't shut up. If you find a way to

Fight it you'll have support.

Reply by sueharke on 3/26/13 11:24pm
Msg #463242

The only issue with checking the BBB is if the company has "bought" its way to an "A+" rating. This has been shown to happen with selected BBB's that need money. If you find this is true, first I'd have a little talk with an employment lawyer on the issue and see what your rights are.

Reply by SharonMN on 3/27/13 10:46am
Msg #463296

No reason to "fight" back. You are an independent contractor. You decide whether or not to spend money on additional background checks. Your clients decide whether or not to hire you. I would simply say "I can provide a background check from ____. If that does not meet your requirements, I am happy to cooperate if you wish to run another check on me, but my policy is not to pay for these."

Reply by sueharke on 3/27/13 11:53am
Msg #463317

Good reply. Think I will use it when and if the time comes Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.