Notary Rotary
First Signing
Notary Discussion History

First Signing
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Queenester Nieves on 3/7/13 2:26pm
Msg #459838

First Signing

Ok, this is my first signing, and i still have not received the docs. it is tonight at 6pm, i called the title company, and they said they are waiting for the lender.

This is close to my house, but, i have a prior committment on the other side of town. How long should i wait for the loan docs.

any pointers would be nice.

Reply by John/CT on 3/7/13 2:33pm
Msg #459840

Call the borrower and tell them there may be a delay in receiving the dox; ask if they have any flexibility beyond 6 o'clock. Prior commitment no excuse for not otherwise keeping your 6 o'clock ... except for late dox.

Reply by Queenester Nieves on 3/7/13 3:10pm
Msg #459858

I will not be late, i am speaking about the docs. I do not want the lender to send the docs at 5:45, and then i will need to print two copies, then drive to the clients home. Thankfully, it is last than 5 miles from my office.

Thanks for the advice, i will call the client if i do not receive the package by 5:15.

Reply by Doris_CO on 3/7/13 3:20pm
Msg #459864

Let the hiring party know what your drop dead time for receiving docs is. If you want them before you leave for the first appointment, let whoever hired you know. And, as mentioned, check with the borrower on how flexible they can be. You are in control of your own business. If "they" can't get you the docs on time, you can choose to cancel the signing or try to rush around and accommodate them. Some NSA's charge more for late docs. You might try that tactic to see if it speeds up the process.

Reply by Rita Adu on 3/8/13 7:06am
Msg #459996

Welcome to our world. The fun has just begun.

Reply by Howie35CT on 3/8/13 9:58am
Msg #460034

So, how did it go?

Reply by Queenester Nieves on 3/8/13 12:45pm
Msg #460085

wow, i enjoyed it. but, of course all the documents were not there, so i had to call the signing company so that they could fax over the missing ones. I only knew that they were missing because of the ID was not the same on the HUD statement and a few other documents.

But i am pumped, now i want to do more signings.

Thanks for asking.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/8/13 1:07pm
Msg #460095

I'm a bit confused...could you elaborate

"the ID was not the same on the HUD...and a few other documents"

How did that mean there were documents missing? I've had name variations throughout closing packages - never did it ever lead me to believe docs were missing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.