Notary Rotary
First for me - borrower used Skype with his sister and
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 3/5/13 5:26pm
Msg #459352

nephew watching the entire loan signing, This was a middle aged man, not a "little old lady" all alone. Everything went fine, they did not interrupt, but it did feel weird having "big brother" watching over my shoulder.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/5/13 6:14pm
Msg #459361

I've had borrowers "ambush" me as I walked through the door with their camera, takiing a picture of me. I've also noticed "hidden" video cameras in rooms, so I'm assume we're being taped. It's all very annoying, stemming mostly from ignorance, but I guess there's nothing we can do about it. We are on their private property.

Reply by NJDiva on 3/5/13 6:17pm
Msg #459362

GG n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 3/5/13 6:24pm
Msg #459364

Ooops, I was going to say...did you tell them that they

could have warned you so that you could pose and smile for the camera?

That's funny, I never encountered pictures and video cameras. Surprisingly...lol

This NYC Metro area is tough...we don't believe anything we hear and only half of what we see-the hand is quicker than the eye after all! If it sounds too good to be true, it is, now tell me what the catch is.

I've actually walked in peoples homes and they've said that to me. I just laugh and say, "Right? It sure sounds that way, huh?!!!"

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/5/13 6:51pm
Msg #459373

Re: Ooops, I was going to say...did you tell them that they

LOL, Cheryl. Wish I had said "cheese!"

BTW, you probably just haven't noticed the cameras ..... I try not to gawk at people's stuff but occasionally when they're knee-deep in the docs and on the phone with their LO, my eyes might wander, and that's when I see 'em.

Sometimes, there's a dead giveaway, like when they open the door while you're still coming up the sidewalk. Sometimes that's because they're staring out the window execting you, but other times it's cos they have surveillance cameras ....

Reply by Rita Adu on 3/6/13 3:14am
Msg #459439

Poetic Justice

When the wife asked questions like she was working for the KGB. Insisted on seeing my DL (and writing my info down). A good thing I didn't have my birth certificate on hand. She was especially nasty about it. Anyhoo, the husband refused to sign b/c of a $200 difference in one of the numbers. I was ABSOLUTELY CRACKING UP on the inside. It was almost like he said "let me rescue this poor girl from my coocoo wife". One of the best refusals I've ever had.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.