Notary Rotary
First time ever for me
Notary Discussion History

First time ever for me
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 3/21/13 12:47pm
Msg #462339

First time ever for me

Call from an SS I think I may have done one closing for in the past. Out-of-town loan, I'm booked, but please keep me in mind for the next one.

"Well, oh yes, and you know you can always call us every day to see if we have anything available in your area."

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/21/13 1:07pm
Msg #462342

Reminds that I used to do that with this company (can't remember the name) that was eventually gobbled up by Fidelity about 5 years ago. Whenever I called, they'd run down all the CA signings and I'd grab what I wanted. I'd usually get 3-4 a call. It was weird ... but it worked while it lasted.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 3/21/13 1:37pm
Msg #462347

I had one sort of line that yesterday. I got a phone call, but couldn't answer because I didn't want to risk dropping my phone from the ski lift. When I got to the top of the mountain, I returned the call, and the scheduler wasn't sure which signing I'd been called for. I was offered about 5 to choose from.

Reply by Jack/AL on 3/21/13 2:14pm
Msg #462354

That happened to me , last week, for the first time.

The scheduler works for a signing service, and the title company is my favorite! I accepted the appointment, and then he said, "what about some of these others, are you close?" He read the names of eight or ten cities, most on the opposite end of the state from where I reside. However, some were close and I ended up with three signing appointments from the one call. He also said I'm welcome to call him each day, which would save him from making one or more calls, and get some work for myself.

Reply by sp/MI on 3/21/13 2:54pm
Msg #462370

Re: That happened to me , last week, for the first time.

I would love to know what that company name is so I can do it too! Never heard of this before.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/21/13 2:53pm
Msg #462369

What? We're supposed to do their job now, too?

Sorry...it's just wrong. I could spend the whole day on the phone calling companies I work with on the chance that they have something acceptable. All unpaid work at that. Crazy, imho.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 3/21/13 2:59pm
Msg #462374

I bet that would get pretty annoying to have notaries calling the SS all the time for work.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 3/21/13 5:22pm
Msg #462414

Re: First time ever for me; a variation

I usually email the scheduler at each of two local tc's on Monday advising when I am free during the week as I then know it. I usually get calls w/in 24 hours offering a few closings for that week "if you are still available."

Reply by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 3/23/13 8:03pm
Msg #462717

I bet more notaries aren't calling. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.