Notary Rotary
HARRY, You should investigate this??
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by leeinla on 3/18/13 4:27pm
Msg #461858

Notaries are posting that getting a background check from Notary Notary is not acceptable to some vendors? Why? Is there some kind of collusion going on? Why are they limiting notaries to a select few background check companies? What about competition in the market place? Why is the background check here acceptable by some vendors and not others? Isn't the information by all background check companies generally the same, I don't know...I believe it is.

Reply by Jack/AL on 3/18/13 4:40pm
Msg #461862

leeinla, the best way to contact Harry ............

is to go near the lower right side of the screen and click on "Contact Us." Posting a topic as you did, will probably get his attention, eventually, but he does not read the forum daily, and could overlook one post (yours). An email will go to him or one the the few who work directly with him and can get his attention and begin action (if needed) or a response to you and the rest of us. I'm curious as to what will be the content pof the response. I, too, have more than one BGC, and am not looking forward to getting more from other agencies.

Reply by notaryKing on 3/18/13 6:16pm
Msg #461870

this is becoming a scam. I've been asked as well, and being told my BGC is not good enough. Its from the state police, your run thru the FBI search as well. Clean.

This sounds very fishy, when I pressed the CSA about the fee and balked and told her I may complain, she backed off her "hard sell."

Reply by leeinla on 3/18/13 6:41pm
Msg #461873

Thanks notaryking

We notaries need to speak up. I am glad I am not the only one.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 3/18/13 7:47pm
Msg #461885

Re: Thanks notaryking

I imagine that like with signing services, staffing companies, etc., background check companies go in and secure contracts for background checks with big companies. Contractually they (hiring authorities) can't color outside of the lines. Must use specific signing service, staffing company, background check company. I don't think it's that one particular background check is more/better than another. I just think an enterprising marketing/sales person has gone in and sold their background check service and secured a contract.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/18/13 7:43pm
Msg #461883

This has been discussed recently. I have a bgc from

her @ NR & it's the only one I'm going to do. We're the one's that have to stand up to unreasonable requirements. A bgc from NNA isn't any better than the one done here, or from anyone else for that matter. IMO it's just about finding ways to have the notary pay for more than is really required.

Reply by Sha/CA on 3/18/13 11:19pm
Msg #461914

NotRot BGC works for me, since Jan. 2013. LSI still calls, n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/19/13 6:09am
Msg #461923

Interesting..and LSI was one of the ones who would not

accept it.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 3/19/13 6:13am
Msg #461924

Re: NotRot BGC works for me, since Jan. 2013. LSI still calls,

Part of my business is doing background checks--at the local courthouse and online. I pay a small monthly fee for the online site. That site was recommended by a retired law officer as "the best". My husband checks backgrounds of prospective employees where he works, using the same website. No background check service is perfect because humans make mistakes. A national company sends me to the local courthouse when they get contracts that require it. If the person has a record, I get more there than I've found online. This includes the police report, court proceedings, bail, community service, etc. I photograph the proof and upload it for that company. Hmm, I wonder if I could check my own background and send the copy of the online page where it says I'm clear to the requester.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/19/13 6:38am
Msg #461925

Does that check the national databases too?

Does it check FBI/DOJ records? Does it check sex offender registries?

That's what many of them now contain? Also something about offshore accounts?

Reply by Carmela Arndt on 3/19/13 8:28am
Msg #461934

Re: Glad it also worked for you too Sha. When I posted

earlier in the month that LSI accepted my Not Rot BGC I got a snide comment from member.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/19/13 12:44pm
Msg #461972

I just went back and looked at that thread Carmela

because I was involved too - not one snide remark was addressed to you. Am curious what you took offense to there.

Reply by Cam/CA on 3/19/13 1:39pm
Msg #461973

Re: message 459497 n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 3/19/13 2:11pm
Msg #461980

Please learn to link here - so helpful.

Msg #459497

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/19/13 5:23pm
Msg #462010

That was a snide remark?..SMH n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 3/20/13 9:18am
Msg #462105

Person will be first to say their feelings were hurt. SOY! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.