Notary Rotary
Has anyone received a call, unsolicted from anyone
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 3/5/13 6:08pm
Msg #459360

questioning their notary qualifications? I am hearing from a number of people who are appalled at receiving the call (usually late evenings), the questions asked and the verbal abused experienced when questions are answered.

The is serious, someone is wayyyyyyy out of bounds with this behavior. PM me if you choose to!

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/5/13 6:24pm
Msg #459363

WOW! PM responses, unbelivable! n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/5/13 7:45pm
Msg #459396

Re: WOW! PM responses, unbelivable!

Nine p/m so far...I wish people would just post it, what they're saying is the truth and so consistent.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/5/13 6:31pm
Msg #459367

Oh yeah...not me, but I know a couple of 'em.

That man needs to learn boundaries.

Reply by ToniK on 3/5/13 7:00pm
Msg #459377

I havent received any calls but

knowing how my mouth can be, it'll be an unpleasant experience for anyone to try to verbally abuse me. I mastered the art of the *click*

Reply by 101livescan on 3/5/13 7:04pm
Msg #459378

Re: I havent received any calls but

Call me Glorai Steinem. He wouldn't dare call me...hasn't called in years, years, don't miss it at all.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/5/13 7:05pm
Msg #459379

It hasn't really happened to me randomly much... but some companies that I've done business with have called to verify my information once in a while, though, and some have when I've been directly requested by the borrower. I did one recently there the couple told their loan officer from the start that they wanted me to handle the signing, so while they were in the process of the refinance, the company actually set me up as a vendor, paid to do a BGC for me, the works. They were actually happy to learn somebody was out my way so because the borrower's requested me, I gained a new client... and a nice paying one at that.

OH... and yeah... in the last month, I also had a Wells Fargo loan officer call me directly as well, to handle a package that had previously been mishandled by another notary. They wanted to make sure I was familiar loan documents and proper procedures before they sent somebody out to this couples' home... since it was kind of a difficult situation. He did grill me a little about my experience and verified my commission with the state. I never mind that kind of thing.

As far as the public doing it? Well... it's not much different that having them show up at your door -- since our information is considered public.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/5/13 7:10pm
Msg #459382

Marian, read OP AGAIN...Abusive, Questions about knowledge of notary law see pm.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/5/13 8:41pm
Msg #459407

Thanks, James. I pretty muh figured out what you'd told me. Thanks to everyone else to noted it as well. Smile

Reply by Susan Fischer on 3/5/13 7:28pm
Msg #459388

I have one of those "canned" HORNs - can with a trigger -

for just this purpose. It's an earful.

Seriously, this is very creepy.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/5/13 7:42pm
Msg #459395

Do you think it was Jeremy? ;-) LOL n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 3/5/13 9:15pm
Msg #459409

Re: Do you think it was Jeremy? ;-) LOL

Im curious..I would like to know who it is..Just in case they call me..I can be prepared..Good one Marilyn..lol

Reply by Grammyzoom on 3/5/13 9:41pm
Msg #459413

Re: Do you think it was Jeremy? ;-) LOL

I have received a number of emails from graduates telling me about these phone calls and the question to them is "are you a graduate of the course" and when they answer yes they are given a stupid quiz and told they failed and need to be certified through their website.

One of my grads was given the test over the phone and was not charged. Another grad was charged $70 for the same thing. Most are being told to take they need to upgrade to get more attention to their profile and to do this they need to take their course and be certified by them at a substantial cost.

One student wrote to me absolutely furious at how rude he was with her when he called one evening. She told him she was having dinner with family and friends and he would not let her get off of the phone. He said "he did not want to chase her down to give her the test".

I think we must all be looking at the face of desperation mixed with a lot of greed.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/5/13 10:03pm
Msg #459414

He is a strange bird alright - pushy as all heck.

That's why I think a good sales seminar is to be had a few times a year while getting going real well. Teaches situational control.

Glenn Turner: Koskot, Dare to be Great...couple of other pyramid schemes, who built his own castle in Orlando.*
Rich - telephone trainer for windows & home improvements. I know my spiel by heart 30 years later.**

*It is now used for weddings and other social events, by appointment.
** Have no clue - owner died suddenly and he went elsewhere. no castle.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/6/13 7:35am
Msg #459452

I was joking, but this is unbelievable!!! n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/5/13 10:13pm
Msg #459415

Thanks for all the p/ms...very sad reading.

It's not really necessary to know the names but it is necessary for all to know what's going on an be ready to go 51/50 when/if you get a call! IMO

Reply by pdl/cali on 3/5/13 11:59pm
Msg #459426

Yes, I received a phone call on Sunday afternoon, I was busy with a client doing GNW, and he told me he wanted to give me a test on loan signing, he had questions re: the documents and if I could explain certain documents to him. I thought to myself that " this guy is a crock"!!! The nerve of some people!

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 3/6/13 6:44am
Msg #459444

Thanks for the PMs..I will be on the look out..

Reply by Katherine Chioffe on 3/6/13 7:35am
Msg #459453

OMG... The whole reason why I just signed up for this site - I received one yesterday from Jeremy @ 678notary.com - 10 mins of my time to be told that I'm worthless, no good at my job and to be belittled and demeaned - his demeanor and actions were nothing short of hostile and abusive - so much for professional curiosity - I guess he does not understand the relationship between customers and providers. For anyone to call us with an impromptu test question 30 + sentences in nature I should have known right then to hang up the phone - but once again professional curiosity was given. How dare anyone treat me or my staff with this little respect and expect me to still fund their business with my hard earned money...

Reply by Grammyzoom on 3/6/13 11:03am
Msg #459512

Katherine, BEAUTIFULLY STATED! Bravo.

Reply by meganPA on 3/6/13 7:17am
Msg #459449

Yes, he called me this past Sunday while I was out of town and visiting with family. When I refused to answer the question he asked and wanted to know WHY he was asking instead, he started going off on me and hurling insults (!). It's not like he is a CLIENT of mine requesting information; I am a paying CUSTOMER to him. Ignorant, unprofessional and unacceptable.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/6/13 8:38am
Msg #459469

The Emperor wears no clothes, and he knows not!

Reply by MW/VA on 3/6/13 7:37am
Msg #459454

Good to know that NR would never have to stoop to

such ridiculous tactics. At least we can count on one site for integrity & looking out for our best interests. Thanks Harry & staff! ;-)

Reply by 101livescan on 3/6/13 8:20am
Msg #459463

Re: Good to know that NR would never have to stoop to

The Shoemakers have too much integrity, they are no driven by the almighty $$. The good old American business philosophy of giving good value for a fair price, and the business will grow, grow, grow is what I believe NR's success is attributed to.

Sad, but true. It has become a numbers game, where you have to pay big $$ to be on top, and what does that really get you? It's definitely a sign of the times, and right now the times are good in this business. Wait til all that ceases to be, where will that leave the numbers?

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/6/13 3:35pm
Msg #459560

unbelievable, messages are still coming in regarding this

all very negative!

Reply by Katherine Chioffe on 3/7/13 8:47am
Msg #459752

Re: unbelievable, messages are still coming in regarding this

I would like to thank that us as a community of hard working professionals with our integrity and self worth will not tolerate it. I can only imagine the amount of pride, hard work, tears and joy we all experience serving our community & notary industry as a whole - actions of those people to full of arrogance & the self view of entitlement, judge, jury & executioner will fall. It only takes once and the fallout is great - kind of interesting how he is just providing a service however he is not sanctioned or backed by any major Notary licensing authority. His company is just in existence to provide a service & to make the money off of both ends that are willing to pay. Losing work or not this is one contract when it expires will not be renewed, based off of pure principal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.