Help get rid of badnotary.com
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Eric Andrist on 3/29/13 3:11pm
Msg #463705

This is an appeal to those who want to help, to get rid of badnotary.com

I was just filing an Internet Crime Complaint (not sure if it'll do any good), and looked up the IP address for badnotary.com. Ironically, it's almost identical to signingstream.com IP address:

184.173.193.223 badnotary
184.173.193.221 signingstream

To start off with, it would be great if you all would file a complaint with GoDaddy, the company that hosts the website. You can do so here:

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/Abuse/SpamReport.aspx?ci=22420

Right now this is limited to just a few notaries and 2 signing companies. But do we really want to risk it spreading?

They have now blocked all notaries from signing up, so even if you do have a complaint against you, you can't file a rebuttal. They have also hidden the names of the signing companies.

Their blog also has several posts now quoting "laws" that allow them to do what they're doing and not be sued.

Please help us!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/29/13 3:18pm
Msg #463708

LOL... that blog post used a Wikipedia linked article as their source material. They're trying to quote federal law and they cite Wikipedia? There's a lesson in how kill your credibility right there... as if it hadn't already been done.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 3/29/13 5:31pm
Msg #463714

This morning you could click in the (non)photo next to where their name used to be listed and it took you to where their name still showed.

Did you get screen shots the other day?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 3/29/13 6:21pm
Msg #463720

Yes, I got screenshots yesterday and today.

Reply by Teebs on 3/29/13 5:36pm
Msg #463715

What I don't understand is that they are the hiring party....if they don't like you, why not just stop calling you? Most of the posts listed there are "one instance" examples.....The only way I would complain about a SS is if I had a bad history with them. If they were slow on one payment, that doesn't constitute a bad write up, and if a notary has one bad day, it doesn't constitute defaming them on a public site....just stop calling them for business. As I stated in a post yesterday, it's clear that the site was created to be mean and high-schoolish, NOT to inform other companies which notaries are good/bad.....I feel bad for you Eric and I hope this issue gets resolved for you quickly!!

Reply by Eric Andrist on 3/29/13 6:23pm
Msg #463721

I just got confirmation that the "Arab" owners of SigningStream are indeed the ones behind badnotary.com.

I've contacted the Secretary of State's Office, NNA, and several other entities. I'm also adding my complaint to the pile going to the Orange County District Attorney.

I also know that they read this forum....so watch out SigningStream!

Reply by Eric Andrist on 3/29/13 7:51pm
Msg #463733

SigningStream owner/business info

For anyone who needs it:

Signing Stream Inc
Entity # C3517722
940 South Coast Dr #205
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Agent of service: Jennifer Lindquist
6600 Warner Ave #6
Huntington Beach, CA 92647

At least one owner is: Henry Jawhary
http://henryjawhary.com/

Henry Jawhary, CEO of Search Respect

Henry Jawhary is the Founder and CEO of Search Respect an online reputation management company based in Irvine, California.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/henryjawhary
(Scroll to the bottom...Signing Stream is a company he "follows.")

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/29/13 6:51pm
Msg #463724

I'm thinking that the only ones that would have a

legitimate leg to stand on are the notaries who have been named on that site because they've been wronged. If you haven't been wronged you have no valid complaint.

Although a lot of us don't like what we saw, we have no valid argument for filing a complaint against them.

JMO

Reply by Belinda/CA on 3/29/13 7:29pm
Msg #463728

Eric was named on the site. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/29/13 7:40pm
Msg #463730

I know that Belinda...but he said in his OP

"This is an appeal to those who want to help, to get rid of badnotary.com"

Hence my response

Reply by Eric Andrist on 3/29/13 7:46pm
Msg #463732

Re: I'm thinking that the only ones that would have a

So you want to wait until you do have a complaint? If other loan companies or signing companies decide to participate in the badnotary.com website, anyone could be affected.

Reply by John Tennant on 3/29/13 10:48pm
Msg #463752

Re: I'm thinking that the only ones that would have a

I completely agree with you Linda. Been there, done that.

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 3/29/13 7:02pm
Msg #463726

Re: The community should work together on this

Take note of the companies posting on that site and don't take their calls or assignments. The appropriate forum for filing a complaint against a notary is with the state regulator. Also, anyone who has been slandered should sue. JMHO

Reply by sueharke on 3/29/13 8:28pm
Msg #463737

Jokingly speaking, does anyone have a teenager who is a great hacker....DOS attacks would not help that website.

Reply by sueharke on 3/29/13 8:32pm
Msg #463738

Maybe we could used the British hacking approach of putting cupcake recepies in place of the current website...with a picture of each name notary in a cupcake that says "choose the best notary?"

Reply by Jack/AL on 3/29/13 10:42pm
Msg #463750

Why not just ignore it and let it die? n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/30/13 1:51am
Msg #463756

Sue, that IS funny. I vote for the cupcake approach.

I have the recipes and can acquire the images.
But I am no hacker.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/30/13 8:07am
Msg #463760

Last time a forum went after a false claims website...

The California Riverside County Superior Court ruled in Jeanessa Fenderson, et al. v. Heidi Diaz, Kimkins, Case No. 483005 that Heidi Diaz and Kimkins have engaged in false advertising and fraudulent business practices.

Within a year, the woman (Heidi Diaz aka Kimmer) lost pretty much everything, if I understand correctly.

I believe the attorney' who took on this class action lawsuit was John Tiedt. He is in California.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/30/13 8:10am
Msg #463761

By the way, the forum was a lo-carb diet forum.

The members were close, but not as close as those in this forum.

I would advise badnotary dot com to get legal advice about the site...at least they will have someone to help with the litigation if it comes.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/30/13 10:26am
Msg #463769

Sounds to me like "when" it comes - not if.

The Peter Principle in action - such a shame.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/30/13 8:20am
Msg #463762

They've made some changes on the website. At the

top there's a link to "thinking about suing", and a note that notaries can now register & respond to complaints. It looks like Eric's complaint has been removed. Cari's is still there, though.
I don't even like the idea of giving them "clicks" by going to the website. I think they're seeing a lot of activity from those of us who are checking it out.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/30/13 10:29am
Msg #463771

Re: They've made some changes on the website. At the

"I don't even like the idea of giving them "clicks" by going to the website. I think they're seeing a lot of activity from those of us who are checking it out."

I'm content to sit here and just monitor what others are doing. I am not lending credence to them, perceived or not.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.