Notary Rotary
Huge packages lately...
Notary Discussion History

Huge packages lately...
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by loancloser46 on 3/22/13 12:50pm
Msg #462549

Huge packages lately...

Anyone else getting larger than normal packages lately??? Two today that were 163 pages and 157 pages. Additional expense to print not to mention additional time at the table. So much bs redundancy.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 3/22/13 12:55pm
Msg #462551

yep....two last week 175 pages and 190 pages. same lender/broker. Had a CalVet loan last summer 239 pages...borr was 83. took some time, but, we got it signed......

Reply by Tudi/CA on 3/22/13 1:20pm
Msg #462556

Yes, this size package has become the new normal for me. It's another reason why we should all be raising our fees, not lowering them. More costs in paper, toner, wear and tear on printer, more time prepping the docs, more time at the table and more notarizations to enter line by line in the journal. It's not just the cost of printing the large packages, it's everything else that goes along with processing the package. Also, with these new larger packages, you really need to be extra alert to double and triple check for any missed initials, signatures, etc. More time at the table often translates into people becoming weary at some point in the signing, and that's when mistakes start to happen. Double and Triple checking a large doc package also involves more time.

Reply by Matt_VA on 3/22/13 2:06pm
Msg #462565

Tudi hits the nail on the head. Beyond cost it's the mistake facture.

Reply by Raimond on 3/22/13 2:58pm
Msg #462570

More pages = more $ or I let it go to the new girl in town...
Give it too Miley, she'll sign anything...

Reply by Leona Greenlow-Turner on 3/23/13 7:06pm
Msg #462714

I always seem to find one stray initial on the second pass. It's almost like the lender wants us to make a second trip.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/22/13 8:38pm
Msg #462617

Funny one today, actually--opened a file to find 251 pgs.

I knew that couldn't be right. It turned out there were 2 different loans in the file.
Otherwise, I have an additional fee of $15 for anything over 140 pgs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.