Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I am new to NotaryRotary.com - Is this worth the Premier $$?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by TamaraCA on 3/10/13 8:45pm
Msg #460442

I am new to being a CNSA. I was already a notary however, two hours after I signed up for the training to become an NSA I received a call from Premier Lending Services and they pay a flat fee. They wanted me to sign the initial documents for a reverse mortgage. They suggested I sign up with this service and they told me that regular signing agents don't usually do the reverse mortgages due to the time they take. It turned out to be very time consuming but I don't mind since I am just getting started. I would eventually like to build my business and do this full time.

Since that one signing I have not received any further calls. There seems to be a high concentration of notaries in my area in the Foothills of Nor Cal but not all are signing agents. Does this website truely help get your listing out there to build business? Is it worth the dough? Or is the good old fashion knocking on title company doors the best way to go?

Reply by sueharke on 3/10/13 8:46pm
Msg #460444

Yes.

Reply by Robert522TX on 3/10/13 8:54pm
Msg #460447

Yes! Worth the money for so many reasons!

Reply by Buddy Young on 3/10/13 8:54pm
Msg #460448

Re: read message #422437 n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/10/13 9:40pm
Msg #460459

Well, you just learned your very first valuable lesson

" call from Premier Lending Services and they pay a flat fee. They wanted me to sign the initial documents for a reverse mortgage. They suggested I sign up with this service and they told me that regular signing agents don't usually do the reverse mortgages due to the time they take."

Companies lie - what they said about rm's is absolutely not true.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/10/13 9:54pm
Msg #460461

Re: Well, you just learned your very first valuable lesson

Nor is the 'flat fee' part true.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/10/13 9:57pm
Msg #460462

Also, btw, you might want to search here for

RESPA signings, which is what you did. There is a concensus here that unless you're a licensed mortgage originator you should not be doing these.

And to answer your question, the premier membership here is worth its weight in gold.

Reply by Kat2857/CA on 3/10/13 10:23pm
Msg #460471

YES, It is worth it's weight in gold. However, it does take alot of time and work. Use Signing Central, and contact companies that are 4& 5 star rated. It is a great start. It does take time and you have to be patient.
Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.