Notary Rotary
I received this email yesterday-
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by LkArrowhd/CA on 3/12/13 10:33am
Msg #460725

This is Terreon Banks from A Keen Signature Services. We are a signing service soliciting Notaries/Signing Agents in your area. Your name was retrieved from the National Notary Association's database. I wanted to know if you would be interested in signing up in our database so that we may contact you when we have signings in your area. There are absolutely no fees for signing up with us and our client base is increasing rapidly.

If you're interested in this great opportunity, please sign up at our website, www.AkeenServi??.com. Please disregard this notice if you have received this communication previously or are already signed up with our company.

If you have further questions and would like to speak with one of our staff members, you may contact our office at (404) 530-21??.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I removed the last two digits on the phone number listed as well as a couple of letters above. I have read the previous postings I pulled up in search- messages 357345.
I thought I might google the name Terreon Banks, finding some very interesting information and I would also imagine the name is not terribly common so my thinking is this could very well be the same person..... I will further add "I'm just saying" not accusing.
I was recently scammed not in the notary business but on a personal note. I also have spent the last week or so updating my notary information and interestingly enough I get this email yesterday, I have no idea if it could be connected but it alerted my curiousity.
I have two words for you "BE ALERT"

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/12/13 10:37am
Msg #460727

Wow...haven't heard from you in forever!!

Welcome back!! And how have you been? Smile

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/12/13 10:42am
Msg #460728

Hmmm very interesting. Both A Keen and Terreon Banks are located in GA.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/12/13 10:44am
Msg #460730

I received the same notice. Never heard back.

Reply by Brazil/NJ on 3/12/13 11:45am
Msg #460740

I also received this email and never heard back after responding.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/12/13 10:43am
Msg #460729

Thanks for the heads up! Nice to hear from you, Susan. Yes, the thieves are out in groves. Gotta be on your tippy toes these days or you'll find yourself with a stack of uncollectible A/Rs in no time, disconnected nos, returned emails, etc.

Have a great month.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/12/13 11:37am
Msg #460738

I am completely befuddled by the response to this email.

What is the issue? It's from a signing service that has been around for years, and has a credible and creditable rating in Signing Central. "The thieves are out in groves?" What is impetus behind that comment? And why would the original poster look on the solicitation with such suspicion? Why is some kind of "alert" indicated? Though it is not frequent, I occasionally receive such soliitations from regional signing services seeking to expand their reach.

What have I missed here?

Reply by 101livescan on 3/12/13 11:53am
Msg #460743

Re: I am completely befuddled by the response to this email.

Biggest issue with them is they won't pay if loan doesn't fund. The notary has printed the docs, made copies and the trip to the borrower. That's not fair. Keen has negotiated a deal with companies that is not a win win for notaries. Time is money, Hugh, don't you agree?

Seems like they might be in and out of business. Did a search on them. How do they maintain 4 stars, I'll never know.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/12/13 12:19pm
Msg #460746

Re: I am completely befuddled by the response to this email.

It is crappy to demand that the notary bear the hard expenses -- paper, printer expense, fuel -- on a busted closing, I agree. But there are several companies that do the same thing, and it is a part of the contract up front. What I don't understand is that there are, if you believe the OP and the responses, unnamed other malefactions by the signing service that are going to jump up and bite the NSA on the butt, or that the email is some sort of scam. That just doesn't make sense.

Reply by notary/OR on 3/12/13 12:32pm
Msg #460750

Totally agree

It's a possibility that you may want to pay attention to emails like that because maybe the company is getting alot of closings for your area and you might want to be on board. Maybe the company is just updating their records. At any rate, marketing your services and making sure they have your current pricing and information usually is to your advantage...and is part of having a business.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/12/13 12:30pm
Msg #460749

Hugh, despite their ratings....

As Cheryl noted, they require notaries to agree to work on contingencies --- if a loan doesn't fund, the notary doesn't get paid for the work. Many of us refuse to work for services who require that. We do not have an interest in the loan closing or not... we are hired to perform a job and we deserve to get paid for it.

I won't drive 90+ miles and spend hours of my life to not get paid because conditions outside my control change the outcome of a loan. I'm a service provider, not a gambler. They are not terribly organized and *if* they pay, it takes them 60+ days.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 3/12/13 10:46am
Msg #460731

I've received three of the emails in the past month or so. I have deleted each one and if another comes through I will set a rule to auto delete the message. To me, it's a nuisance.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/12/13 10:48am
Msg #460732

AKA Neeka Banks.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 3/12/13 11:04am
Msg #460734

I received the same email. Funny thing is, I'm already signed up with A Keen and have never received a call from them for a job. Go figure.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/12/13 11:24am
Msg #460736

Interesting that while her ratings in SC are sketchy, overall she has 4 stars????, and, she was recently arrested. Is it possible she's running her business from behind bars...hmmm, as did Martha Stewart. I don't know anyone who has accepted work from her, but apparently some on this board have.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/12/13 12:51pm
Msg #460751

I too submitted my stuff to Keen but never received a response. As well as some others, but, probably for 2 reasons: my fee & my fee.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/12/13 1:09pm
Msg #460754

Going forward, I will exercising a great deal of caution about whom I share my private information with. I'm just not willing to work for fly by night companies.

That being said, I just turned down loanclosers. They are in my phone, but it was a difference no. So I'll add this one too. Low/slow payers.

Let the madness begin.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.