Notary Rotary
Interesting email today - and I quote, just partial
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 3/27/13 6:28pm
Msg #463387

as this is the part I found funny as all get out.

" Deceased Party Notification

If the notary or attorney discovers at the closing that one of the borrowers is now deceased, the closing must be stopped and immediate communication must be made to the Vendor Management Team:

See closing documents for Vendor Management Team contacts"

I am, of course, assuming that the death occured very recently. Or, should I assume?

Reply by Jessica/FL on 3/27/13 6:30pm
Msg #463388

Hopefully not during the signing. :/

Reply by Brac Swackhammer on 3/27/13 6:33pm
Msg #463389

but your e-mail being shared didn't bother you?

Reply by jba/fl on 3/27/13 8:11pm
Msg #463429

Shared by who? Mine came to me individually. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/27/13 6:38pm
Msg #463392

Received 3 of those today from 3 different companies.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/27/13 6:42pm
Msg #463395

Especially true if both borrowers are deceased!

Reply by Bee_CA on 3/27/13 7:02pm
Msg #463402

Not necessarily...I had a signing and the husband's name was on the paperwork...he had passed several years ago and the wife had refi'd since then!! When we called the lender, they said "Don't worry about it...just line out his name"!!!! Unbelievable.

I thought the email was funny too...wouldn't you automatically call someone (title, lender) if someone whose name is on the documents has passed away?????

Reply by docs1954CA on 3/27/13 7:31pm
Msg #463416

I found the rest of that e-mail rather interesting...

Dear Valued Signing Agent,

Per Old Republic Title’s (our client) request, please read the information below regarding any Old Republic Title closing, whether it be a refinance, HELOC, reverse mortgage, or modification. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Deceased Party Notification
If the notary or attorney discovers at the closing that one of the borrowers is now deceased, the closing must be stopped and immediate communication must be made to ORT Vendor Management Team

Customer Complaint Tracking
The closing agent has a responsibility to report complaints to the Old ORT Vendor Management Team

Definition of a Complaint:
A complaint is a situation in which a consumer demonstrates dissatisfaction with the handling of or the resolution of the underlying issue which results in the consumer:
· Requesting to go on record as being dissatisfied with the condition or resolution of a service request, or
· Referencing legal or media assistance, or
· Requesting to escalate their problem to your supervisor, manager, general manager, etc.

Consumer complaint trigger language will help you identify complaints that must be tracked.

Consumer Complaint Trigger Language
If a consumer uses complaint trigger language and the consumer’s issue is not resolved by the first point of contact, then the complaint must be escalated. Trigger language includes reference to “go on record,” reference to media or legal assistance, or requests to escalate a problem beyond immediate management. Examples of complaint trigger language include:
· I’m going to contact the news media.
· I’m going to contact the radio station, so they can tell everyone.
· I’m going to call my attorney.
· This is not legal.
· I want the number/address for your president, so that I can call/write a letter.
· I want to talk to your supervisor/manager
· I expect you to respond to my problem in writing.

Consumer Criticism and Media Buzz
It is important that you are able to distinguish consumer complaint trigger language from other types of language a consumer may use which is considered a criticism or media buzz. Criticism and media buzz language are not tracked as a complaint. Below are examples of customer criticism and media buzz language:

Consumer Criticism Language examples:
· Your company is horrible.
· Your fees are too high and I don’t like them.
· I am going to tell all of my neighbors about this.
Customer Media Buzz Language examples:
· You’re charging all of these fees to make up for your losses.
· I heard the president of this bank on the news last night.

Notice- in the examples of criticism and media buzz language, the consumer does not request to “go on record”, reference media or legal assistance, or escalate beyond immediate management.

Complaints must be reported immediately after the signing appointment and no later than 24 hours after the appointment time. Criticism and Media Buzz (as in these examples) does not necessarily need to be reported, but when in doubt, please report to the ORT Vendor Management Team and allow us to make that determination.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/27/13 8:24pm
Msg #463430

Re: I found the rest of that e-mail rather interesting...

I got the generic, no client named, email. Mine came from a SS who "cleaned it up" so to speak.

Reply by Brac Swackhammer on 3/27/13 8:43pm
Msg #463432

Donald Ruth (UST, USA) [e-mail address] sender

It was sent and the emails all shared by this fellow

Reply by jba/fl on 3/28/13 11:52am
Msg #463499

not mine....diff company to me. n/m

Reply by pan/nd on 3/28/13 11:43am
Msg #463494

Re: I found the rest of that e-mail rather interesting...

I am a commissioned notary public NOT a commissioned tattletale

Reply by Mary_in_VA on 3/28/13 12:21am
Msg #463459

I sent a one line response...

"This says so much about this industry!"

Reply by ikando on 3/28/13 9:07am
Msg #463475

Re: I sent a one line response...

This sounds like an interoffice memo. We're not employees. We shouldn't be required to 'report' comments to anyone. I may let the hiring party know comments were made, but only as a by the way in my closing report.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 3/28/13 3:40pm
Msg #463559

Re: Is it possible there is some...

underlying legal occurance that has triggered the need for this notice? Sounds like it is the result of an " uh oh"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.