Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Is it just me, or is something not working right here?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by MikeC/TX on 3/13/13 6:28pm
Msg #461046

I use Firefox as my browser, and until the most recent update (version 19.0.2), I could always tell the messages I've already read because the message link changed color after I read it. Now, EVERY message is appearing as unread, which is causing me major problems because I read in thread order - I could quickly tell if there were new messages in a thread I am interested in.

And today I had to use IE to pay a bill online because Firefox was unable to display the payment page properly.

Is anyone else using Firefox experiencing these weird problems?

Reply by Melissa Stroh on 3/13/13 6:36pm
Msg #461048

I promise you, it's the lender...

Reply by Melissa Stroh on 3/13/13 6:37pm
Msg #461050

wrong post reply, so sorry Smile

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/13/13 6:37pm
Msg #461049

No problems currently with Firefox, but I have run into that situation a couple of times before - and it very well might have been after having to switch over to IE for something. Very aggravating, I agree! The more pc savvy might know if it has something to do with cache, memory or ???

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/13/13 6:56pm
Msg #461054

Well, here's what's really weird - it seems to work fine in Just Politics, but doesn't work in the main forum. I'm pretty much PC savvy, having worked in the field for 20+ years, but this one has me stumped at this point. I suppose I will eventually figure it out... but I hate computers...

Reply by 101livescan on 3/13/13 7:16pm
Msg #461058

Isn't firefox a memory hog? slow things up?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/13/13 7:28pm
Msg #461060

I use Firefox and it seems to be working fine - shows different color for read msgs.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/14/13 12:07am
Msg #461095

Same here. n/m

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/13/13 8:05pm
Msg #461069

"Isn't firefox a memory hog? slow things up?"

Not really - it has worked perfectly for me until this latest update, and the only site I'm having a problem with at this point is NR...

I guess I'll figure it out eventually...

Reply by ArtG/KS on 3/13/13 8:25pm
Msg #461074

Make sure you update your firefox and refresh or reinstall it if the problem continues. There is a setting change possibly and I dont know where to tell you to look. I use both IE and Chrome and Chrome works well for most websites but I have to use IE for other sites to function properly too.

Reply by sueharke on 3/13/13 10:14pm
Msg #461084

I only use IE when visiting governmental websites that will not accept Firefox or Chrome. IE attracts virus, worms and malware.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 3/13/13 10:52pm
Msg #461088

Sounds like your cache/cookies were cleared.

Basically your browser "forgot" what it's been doing.

I've been having this trouble a lot lately, every time I log into my bank or Facebook I get an extra security alert--turns out it is because my ISP is moving around my IP address, sometimes I'm in Kent, Sometimes an ISP in Seatac, Sometimes in Burlington (I don't think I've ever even been to Burlington).

Cache and cookies are memory (check your security settings on your browser and firewall and see how often they're cleared)

Items like I described above with a moving IP can be your router (if it grants random IP addresses, or your ISP, if it assigns addresses). I don't know how to secure them, but I can recommend a great computer guy who could help out (he works remotely on machines) and can set up all those security settings for you.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/14/13 10:00am
Msg #461119

my computer shutdown last night and

said new software had been install/upgraded by Firefox and needed to be restarted...security issues it said. All is well.....

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/14/13 2:20pm
Msg #461163

Re: Sounds like your cache/cookies were cleared.

FF had just updated itself, and that's when the problems started. I poked around under the hood to make sure everything was set properly (it was), then I flipped a couple of options off and flipped them back on again. Didn't permanently change anything or correct an option, but now it's working properly again.

Very weird.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.