Notary Rotary
Lender asking for copy of my D/L
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by docs2go/ca on 3/25/13 1:30pm
Msg #462920

I completed a Signing last week through a Signing Service.
Today I received a call from them saying that the Lender needs
a copy of my Driver's License. This is a first for me. Has anyone
experienced this before?

Thanks for your repsonses!

Reply by HSH/WA on 3/25/13 1:35pm
Msg #462922

Re: Included in my NSA pkg sent to all SS/TOs n/m

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 3/25/13 1:40pm
Msg #462927

Yes, I've had a few ask for my D/L. I've actually stopped providing it since I'm an independent contractor and I can't figure out why they really need it.

Reply by docs2go/ca on 3/25/13 1:52pm
Msg #462935

Thank you, Lisa!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/25/13 1:56pm
Msg #462939

Sure, go ahead and send it to them.... LOL

Maybe they (the lender and SS) have a convicted identity thief on staff. Ask them what protection of privacy they offer you. Ask them to send you a copy of their privacy policy (both SS's and lender's) and see if it extends to your personal information.

Last time I was asked about this, they said "the loan would not fund blah blah blah." So sorry.
If it didn't fund, I never heard anything back.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/25/13 2:04pm
Msg #462945

I just sent a copy of my photo ID to ServiceLink

they've been after me for it to activate me - I sent a regular photo but not good enough - they want to see name, photo and signature. So I copies my DL and blacked out all the PII, shows only photo, name, address (which anyone can get with my name) and signature - and that's as good as it gets.

Reply by docs2go/ca on 3/25/13 3:34pm
Msg #462969

Re: Sure, go ahead and send it to them.... LOL

Wonderful suggestion! Thanks!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/25/13 2:01pm
Msg #462943

Is it Prosperity Mortgage? n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/25/13 2:02pm
Msg #462944

Oops - Meant PROSPECT Mortgage

See Msg #455672

Reply by docs2go/ca on 3/25/13 3:38pm
Msg #462970

Re: Oops - Meant PROSPECT Mortgage

Yes, it is Prospect! Thank you!

Reply by Chakwaina on 3/25/13 2:24pm
Msg #462949

They have no reason to need this. I will provide my Tribal Id (which meets TSA standards).

It has my picture (I had one company I did inspections for actually take my picture off that and make an ID badge for me to wear when doing inspections-but they told me that was what they wanted my DL for so they knew it was a pic of me. They understood my concerns and accepted my Tribal ID) so back to the original it has my picture, name, address (anybody can get all that info with an internet connection, $10 and my name or tag number) and my Tribal ID number which has nothing to do with my SSN or DL#.

I use a EIN.

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 3/25/13 2:25pm
Msg #462950

That's a definite "no". If the order came across showing this as a condition, I would have had the opportunity to decline the assignment on the basis of that condition. Some people don't mind providing it. I certainly do. The lender has no need of it. I have not applied for a loan with them. My seal tells them all they need to know. They can have a copy of my commission and speak to the regulating authority if they have a problem with the work I have done. They certainly don't ask for a copy of the escrow officer's driver license. Imagine what kind of response they would get from the title company if they did request it!

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/25/13 8:13pm
Msg #462994

What reason did they give for wanting it? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.