Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Merritt Services - any new experiences with them?.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Mung/CA on 3/1/13 4:39pm
Msg #458801

I already looked over the old posts.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 3/1/13 4:42pm
Msg #458803

She still pays timely from what I hear, but her fees to notaries have been greatly reduced. Which explains why I haven't heard from her in almost 2 years.

Reply by loancloser46 on 3/1/13 11:56pm
Msg #458874

Lowballler and whiner about fees title pays her... n/m

Reply by Merritt Services, Inc. on 6/4/13 8:00pm
Msg #472269

Re: Lowballler and whiner about fees title pays her...

Please understand that under no circumstances do I ever complain about the fees we receive from the title companies. This company has been in business starting our 8th year and we are thrilled that we have been blessed enough to still be in business and we are happy to meet the needs of the title companies we work with. Never would I complain when thousands of title companies and signing companies went under in 07, 08 and 09 along with thousands of notaries who were forced to go back into the work force. I was blessed to survive and happy that we are still paying our notaries. We may not please everyone but this business holds our head high because we were blessed to get in business and blessed to still be in business and proud we have never not paid a notary no matter what. So you can call us names and that is fine but do not say we are whiners about the fees the title companies pay us. We are proud to have their trust and we are proud to work with some of the finest notaries in the world and many we have worked with for more than 7 years.

So please call us names, that is fine and we don't mind but we do not complain about being blessed with our title companies business and the fees they pay. Also, the person that said we have reduced our fees to notaries is also mistaken. Sadly we are still paying our notaries the same thing today we paid in 2005, but the only difference is we now make much less ourselves.

Hope everyone has a wonderful year and May God Bless each of You!!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/1/13 4:45pm
Msg #458804

How much more recent? There are three (positive) posts from February 2013. Don't know what she's paying now, but it used to be $100.

Reply by notary/OR on 3/1/13 5:01pm
Msg #458807

No problem with them and they paid my fee n/m

Reply by Patricia/VT on 3/1/13 6:20pm
Msg #458812

Merritt called me yesterday, offered $50 for a "small seller's side package". I quoted my fee of XXX, and declined after she said, "It only takes 20 minutes when they come to the office." She didn't seem to understand that my fee takes into consideration my printers, computers, paper, printer cartridges, car, phones and other office expenses plus my time to print, to travel, and to meet with the borrower - and a profit margin!

Reply by Tudi/CA on 3/1/13 6:54pm
Msg #458817

I was asked to do a refinance for $XX. in a nearby location. I asked how many pages (the scheduler didn't know); I asked if it involved a trust? (the scheduler didn't know). I agreed to do the signing. What a surprise when the docs uploaded: Almost 300 pages, a refinance involving a trust, 23 notarized signatures, lots of other signatures and initials, 3 signers. They sure got a bargain on that signing, and I learned a valuable lesson....never again!

Reply by BossLadyMD on 3/1/13 8:01pm
Msg #458837

I would have adjusted my fee n/m

Reply by notary/OR on 3/1/13 8:03pm
Msg #458839

Me too!...as soon as I got the email with the attachment! n/m

Reply by Tudi/CA on 3/1/13 8:26pm
Msg #458849

Re: Me too!...as soon as I got the email with the attachment!

I'm new and still learning. I wasn't aware that I could readust the fee after I had already accepted it.... thought that once I had accepted a fee, I was locked into the fee and the assignment. I'm reading the forum posts every day and am learning from all of your posts. Thanks for your advice!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/1/13 8:59pm
Msg #458856

If you receive a huge package that is beyond the norm or entails something else that is outside of normal paramenters, you can contact the hiring agency and request a fee adjustment. Of course, you must always be prepared that they will pull the assignment from you, but sometimes it's better to let the job go than to follow through with an unreasonable 300 page package for $XX.

Reply by Carol Graff on 3/2/13 11:35am
Msg #458910

Brenda and her people are always very nice to work with. Pay $100 --never had a problem with payment. However, I have not been able to get more money for large packages--but I always ask.

Reply by desktopfull on 3/2/13 11:44am
Msg #458912

I would get more money or they would get the signing back. I'm not going into the red for any company. They want a double page closing they can pay for a double closing.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 3/2/13 7:35pm
Msg #458960

I love Brenda, she is a very nice lady but she needs to pay

more money. She was paying $100 5 years ago when gas prices werent where they are today. I'm sorry but there are no excuses and its not about just being 'nice'.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.