Notary Rotary
My take on skysail.feeguarantee.comumer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Negrete on 3/6/13 5:51pm
Msg #459601

I will not work with anyone who is going to have me make payments to a skysail that is in business with another SS.

I will not give my costumer list to anyone period.

Anthony J Negrete

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/6/13 5:53pm
Msg #459603

My thoughts too Tony...was wondering if it's

a sneaky neat way to get someone's company list.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/6/13 7:06pm
Msg #459624

Well now, hold on a minute...we can always list THEM as a reference!

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 3/6/13 7:40pm
Msg #459641

I have to agree with Negrete

We too would stop using any signing agent that used them to factor our assignment payments.

Why?

The other signing service that is working hand-in-hand with skysail (Direct something) would know what escrow and title companies we are working with, what signing agents we are working with, what we pay and when we pay. It is too uncomfortable as scenario under closer scritiny.

I did some interaction with Skysail and found out what they do, how they do it and when. The do not charge back anything if their invoices are not paid. That is like no factoring company I have ever heard of. For their 3% fee they would be absorbing a lot of losses unless all this is a ploy to snatch away other people's business. At the end of the day they will stop doing this once they start to get stiffed and incur sizable losses, but will have captured a lot of data along the way, which I believe is their primary objective.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 3/6/13 8:15pm
Msg #459650

ya, I too see losses in their future which of course

eventually translates to losses for the notary. I am not implying intentional stiffing of notaries on their part but ya gotta wonder how that 3% is going to cover overhead and inevitable losses.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 3/6/13 8:10pm
Msg #459648

Tony, I'm assuming from your post that there are notaries out there who are actually using this service.

I received this solicitation after posting an online completion report from Direct Closers. I find the whole service insulting to us as well as our clients.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/7/13 9:52am
Msg #459767

Curious as to why you'd post your position on this on the

forum. I know the people involved in this, and as far as I know it's not an underhanded way to steal contacts. I gave feedback to Kris K. on this, and told him I thought there were going to be some issues with just the kind of thing you're discussing here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.