Not Rot Background Check
Notary Discussion History

Not Rot Background Check
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by FeliseSoCal on 3/18/13 11:18am
Msg #461808

Not Rot Background Check

I just got this from Title Source:

Thank you so much for sending us your background check. Unfortunately, new company policy states that we can only accept background checks from either the NNA or LexisNexis. If you have one of these checks, please feel free to send it to me. If not, here is a link to get you started: https://contractor.lexisnexis.com/CS/welcome.do?titlesource

What????
ServiceLink and LSI both accepted it. It doesn't even say that it doesn't meet the criteria...just that it has to be from one of those two entities. That is so unethical to force you use their business affiliates.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/18/13 12:06pm
Msg #461816

Does TS even call you any more? They stopped calling me once they decided to outsource their scheduling to signing services. Haven't received a call from TS since January.

Reply by leeinla on 3/18/13 12:13pm
Msg #461817

Is it legal?

Is it legal for a vendor to only accept background checks from selected companies? Aren't they limiting competition in the market place? It would be great if a lawyer can answer this question.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 3/18/13 1:06pm
Msg #461820

They don't outsource all of their scheduling

I still regularly get calls direct from TS.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/18/13 1:51pm
Msg #461823

Ditto Jessica n/m

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 3/19/13 6:44pm
Msg #462038

Yes, they do call occaisionally. I was not aware they were outsourcing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.