Notary123
Notary Discussion History

Notary123
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Joe/NC on 3/6/13 7:51am
Msg #459456

Notary123

Hi

How many of you use Notary123 to be listed? I have been a member of this site for over 9 years and recently received a call from Jeremy to renew. I am not due for renewal until May but he wanted to offer a discount if I renew now. However the prices are way too high to be listed second in my area which I am it will cost me $450.

I told him this was high and after paying this fee last year I have not seen much in the way of new business from the site. I mainly get calls from people wanting me to notarize a document or a car title which I normally turn down since it is not worth the time to do these.

We are only allowed to charge $5 per notarization in nC and not suppose to charge for other incidental fees.

He told me since I am 2nd on the list doesnt guarantee that I get more calls than any other person listed that it is more important to have my notes to reflect my experience and to attract clients to use me.

I M full time and looking to get more business as we all are but I am not sure if paying the higher fee is going to make much diffefrence than if I take a lower position on his list for a lower fee.

Any of you expereinced increase in business by the position you paid for on their list?

Joe/NC

Reply by roseIN on 3/6/13 8:11am
Msg #459459

don't waste your $$$$$$---not worth it

Reply by Eve/VA on 3/7/13 12:51pm
Msg #459809

Show them the money!

Rude, unprofessional, overly complicated and expensive.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/6/13 8:14am
Msg #459462

Joe, Notary 123 and NotaryRotary are competitors

It is, at the very least, poor form to seek endorsements here for the other site.

If you've been around NotRot for 9 years, you must be aware of how protective we habitues -- and sons of habitues (I'll pause here to let that sink in) -- are of The Site That Harry Built.

Reply by Joe/NC on 3/6/13 12:08pm
Msg #459519

Re: Joe, Notary 123 and NotaryRotary are competitors

Thanks for your response and Hugh I didnt mean to ruffle feathers here just trying to get a perspective on if others use that other site.

I have been a member of both over 9 years and as mentioned what I seem to get from the other unnamed (at this point) is that I only get general notary inquiries and not many actual signings. So I dont feel paying the exuberent prices would amount to a hill of beans.

I am looking to find other title companies to get some business from to keep me from having to seek part time employement at this point in life,

Joe/NC

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/6/13 1:44pm
Msg #459534

Joe~ sounds to me like you already have your answer.

You stated you're not getting the business you'd like to have - especially after paying those exorbitant amounts.

Personally, most of my business comes from this site and just marketing, marketing, marketing. Can't beat the price for the benefits on Notary Rotary.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/6/13 8:44am
Msg #459470

Good Morning Joe, I gave that site up last year. Have not missed a beat. Very pricey in this economy. Just wasn't seeing and getting any bang for my buck. Really don't miss it at all. In addition, was called numerious times to buy my spot from a sales rep. that had no idea that it was my spot to begin with. Received calls for months after. So that says to me that no one wanted my #1 spot. Realizing I am in Warren County NJ, but still NJ. Also, his 10% discount is nothing.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/6/13 10:00am
Msg #459488

I have a free account and get plenty of business from there. I guess those who pay are not answering their phones? I just don't know, but I am not paying his prices, nor dealing with his silliness. He demonstrated that from the get go, and I couldn't believe people paid him for that. Perhaps once upon a time, but the times are changing, rapidly.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/6/13 11:34am
Msg #459514

I believe I have a free listing also??? haven't checked n/m

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/6/13 11:42am
Msg #459515

No I don't. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.