Notary Rotary
Notary Spot
Notary Discussion History

Notary Spot
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Gary/Wa on 3/28/13 8:11am
Msg #463468

Notary Spot

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

Reply by 101livescan on 3/28/13 8:24am
Msg #463470

Be careful...not in SC...how long in business, where are they, do they have biz license, DBA, rated by BBB, D&B, who are the principals, are they notaries (have they been background checked). Too many people lately put up temporary storefront, don't pay you, have criminal backgrounds themselves, and you'll be working for free while they get all the fee. Can you afford to take the gamble and not be paid?

Keep us posted on what you find out, and if they are legit, let's get them listed in SC.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/28/13 8:30am
Msg #463472

Forgive my pessimism....found them rated by the numbers site. Located in Kansas City, MO. We need to get them added here. NEED MORE CO's like this in SC.

Word on the street is that this company pays really fast. They are associated with Mid-States Notary Services according to the forum. one notary says they have great professionalism and really nice staff.

The Notary Spot is a loan signing or title company. To comment on this company, please visit our forum, and use the search function to locate The Notary Spot and then add to the existing post rather than creating a new post. To gain more information about The Notary Spot, please contact the BBB, consult other notary forums, or ask for references.

Reply by LMS on 3/28/13 9:16am
Msg #463478

Also search under Mid States Notary. They go by both names. I've had no problems at all working for them.

Reply by Baragona/MO on 3/28/13 1:18pm
Msg #463520

They are perfectly fine and prefessional. They pay well and fast, always within 30 days.

Reply by Vincent Spilotro on 5/23/13 8:05pm
Msg #471060

I have. They have two names, also known as Mid-States, perhaps to keep you confused on which one ows you money. Notary Spot owes me $200, they told me "the check is in the mail... should get it in a couple days" 3 or 4 times. Still havent been paid. Mid-States owes me from a signing back in JANUARY, again, "the check is in the mail". They even sent me an email after I had called them 4 times saying they sent the check. Neither one of these companys has paid me, and I refuse signings from them. My partner also has turned down several signings from them, and told them she wont work for them until I get paid. Sending the invoices to a collection agency now. If you like to work for free, take lots of signings from them.

Reply by Michael Tomlinson on 5/26/13 10:30am
Msg #471327

You had a closing on 01/08/2013. You arrived at the closing, it ended up being a no-sign. You did not call us or notify us. We have an "after hours or questions during the closing" number listed on the confirmation. It says on the confirm if you do not call us and let us know it is a no sign you will not be paid. We didn't find out until 2 days later when a very upset title company was calling us asking where the package was at because it hadn't been delivered. We called you and you said they didn't close. According to the confirm no fee is due. You sent an email on April 11th asking for payment. We looked at the order and saw the notes. No fee is due. After a phone call in early May from you asking for payment, I spoke with you and said I would go ahead and pay you a trip and print fee. We put the order in for payment. The check was cut on 05/13/2013 with our weekly check run. That check, along with the check for 200.00 for the closing you performed on 04/25/2013 (your statement that we are a no pay company when you closed 04/25/2013 and check was cut on 05/13/2013 is absurd and offensive) was enveloped, sealed, stamped and was dropped along with approx 500 checks on Friday. I feel I went above and beyond paying you for a closing when you didn't have the courtesy to notify us that the closing did not occur. Your actions almost lost me a customer. I am always able to be reached. I make it a point to be accessible to the notaries that close for my company. The after hours and questions during the closing number listed is my personal cell phone. I have it with me at all times. I sleep with it on my pillow. There is no excuse not to notify the hiring entity that the deal is not closing.

Reply by Vincent Spilotro on 5/30/13 10:20pm
Msg #471768

Paid after calling a few times. I called from closing and was advised but borrower refused to sign. I was promised trip fee 3 times since january , with no payment. Was paid after call i made last week. Thank you.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 7/14/13 1:34am
Msg #476757

I did a signing for them on 6/04/2013 and was paid on 7/12/2013. This was the first time I worked for them, and everything went fine. They were professional and paid $ xxx. for a 75 page document at a location 3 miles from my home. My experience with them was fine and based upon my initial experience, I would work for them again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.