Notary Rotary
Odd happening - I think. You?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 3/28/13 6:16pm
Msg #463590

I have been given an assignment, for the third time. The first two times was given a time and date, made the confirmation call and was told it was not convenient for them. This third time was asked, and I quote the request to the SS from the LO: "Can notary call borrower to set appt and time?"

I will do it, when they decide to answer their phone, but am thinking that this is really in the LO's job description.

You?

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/28/13 6:36pm
Msg #463592

Fully agree. Last week a TC contacted me to get a subordination agreement signed....for a loan I did in December! Same request as yours.......hey, if they knew the agreement was missing, why didn't they contact the bwr.

Something strange going on indeed!

Reply by anotaryinva on 3/28/13 7:32pm
Msg #463600

I think it's fabulous! Call the bo, if you have to leave a message and tell them when you can put them in your schedule. Say something like, I can come on Friday between 2-4 or Sat between 9-11. Works for me, of course if you have plans for a champagne brunch on Sat you might want to change the times.

Reply by Sha/CA on 3/28/13 7:57pm
Msg #463604

It's just a part of being an independent contractor, to set

up the appointment to fit your own schedule. It works for me.

Reply by Rita Adu on 3/29/13 2:30am
Msg #463641

This Is My Preference

This way it can also fit YOUR schedule without you having to jockey things around.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/29/13 11:02am
Msg #463660

Would love it if more TC/SS allowed NSA to schedule

their own signings.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/29/13 12:50pm
Msg #463686

Re: Would love it if more TC/SS allowed NSA to schedule

It would be nice if they at least would ask the borrower for an availablility time rage, such as 1 PM - 4 PM, and then looked for a notary that is available any time during that window. Then the final time could be firmed up on the confirmation call.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/29/13 10:15pm
Msg #463747

This I agree with. What we have here though

is a potential BO who does not answer their phone - so the LO decided I could spend my time trying to get them to commit. they have broken 2 appts, and I just think the LO needs to spend his/her time and leave me out of the mix at this point. The potential BO (RM app) is wanting me to do his/her job as I see it now as the BO has told me they are shopping....which company do I represent?

I love when I am told to do it on Thurs the 16th - my time choice or afternoon, but not to chase the BO about.

For those who feel it is important to tell me I should not be doing this type of work, please keep your comments to yourself. You do not have a full grasp on whether or not I should or should not be doing this.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.