Notary Rotary
On that Split Signing I did today....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 3/8/13 12:07am
Msg #459984

The notary printed everything, met the borrower at theWF Bank. She was in a big hurry. Rush, rush, rush Had the lst party signing everything, even documents not intended for him, but missed a couple of his signatures, obviously not a detailed person.

I'm thinking of moving to Aspen. I think there's opportunity there. All the big wigs live there, at least part of the year. Zac Brown Band loves it there. I love them. I need warm clothes and four wheel drive.

We got the deal closed today and the Aspen notary is meeting with the borrower tomorrow to obtain additional critical signatures to get this deal closed by Monday. Our county recorder, it has been confirmed, will accept embosser from CO at this moment.

What a steeple chase this was.

Reply by Luckydog on 3/8/13 5:40am
Msg #459991

The only one who sounds in a rush and scatter brained is you. Take a nap, and re group your thoughts. I think Aspen would love you. lol

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 3/8/13 7:22am
Msg #459998

Cheryl, scatter brained? Don't think so! I'm surprised this notary in Colorado is still in business, if he/she is so laxed in completing documents for one then there must be many.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/8/13 7:46am
Msg #460000

My brain is very much in tact, thank you very much! Especially for volume of work I handle daily, sometimes 7 days a week. It's a wonder I accomplish as much as I do. I completed over 1300 signings last year. I'm scaling back this year. Spending more time on my remodel.

Reply by Luckydog on 3/8/13 9:59am
Msg #460035

That's good, keep convincing yourself because you are the only one it matters to. No one cares about your remodel, and you volume of work and your silly posts. Why are you remodeling if you are moving to Aspen? If work is so good wherever you are, why leave? Sounds dumb.

Reply by janCA on 3/8/13 10:03am
Msg #460037

Certainly uncalled for Luckydog. If you don't like Cheryl's posts, don't read them.

Reply by CJ on 3/8/13 10:21am
Msg #460042

We are trying to keep NR "kind and polite". n/m

Reply by Luckydog on 3/8/13 10:35am
Msg #460053

Re: We are trying to keep NR "kind and polite".

And you really understand what she was saying in her post, first line?? Nothing about being nice, it's about staying on topic.
Rush, rush, Zac Brown Band, big wigs in Aspen and her remodel, then back to it being recorded okay with an embosser?? What the heck, I must be missing something here, maybe a CA thing. lol (no offense)

Reply by 101livescan on 3/8/13 1:03pm
Msg #460091

Re: We are trying to keep NR "kind and polite".

We Californians do travel, think and live much faster than most, especially in our line of work...can't help ourselves. It costs more to live here, if you want to stay here, you keep up the pace. If that offends you, well, just ignore me. I must admit, I get a little intense at times.

I obviously have some great friends on this board! If you don't have something positive to say, it's better to just keep it to yourself, don't you agree! You have yourself a great day, you Luckydog!

Reply by CJ on 3/8/13 10:21am
Msg #460044

We are trying to keep NR "kind and polite". n/m

Reply by sueharke on 3/8/13 10:21am
Msg #460043

Sounds like you need to "walk in someone else's shoes" to understand why he or she chooses the actions taken. How would you like to be treated as if my way is the only way to live a life?

Reply by CJ on 3/8/13 10:27am
Msg #460049

I did a split signing too.

I was the second notary. I noticed the first notary did not cross out the marital status pre-printed in the ack, AND she did not cross out the pre-printed party that I was signing. So basically, she said they both appeared before her. Also, there were included loose acks and jurats for me to fill out after she signed the pre-printed ones. I noticed that where the document had a pre-printed ack, they included a loose jurat. I did what I knew I was supposed to do, but I thought to myself, "I wonder what title is going to think when they see what the first notary did?" Then when it came to shipping back the docs, I noticed that the title person and the first notary were one in the same.

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 3/8/13 12:56pm
Msg #460089

Colorado embosser acceptable until current commision expires

at which time a stamp with ID # and expiration date is required

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.