Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Outlook - anyone else experiencing access problems?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 3/12/13 4:40pm
Msg #460785

A few weeks ago, my business hotmail account was arbitrarily changed to Outlook. My personal account is still hotmail (although saw notice there today where that will soon change also).

Everything was going along ok. Not great 'cause I prefer hotmail platform. Then, at about 1:00 today I stepped away to run errand. Come back, and cannot access ANYTHING on Outlook. Hotmail is ok. I've tried logging back in and can't keep getting same:

<<Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now
What you can do:

Try to return to Hotmail
If you're experiencing a problem that isn't shown, report your problem to Microsoft.>>

Try return. No can do. Check on status and their website says everything's running normal except for calendar, which is undergoing maintenance today 'til 6 pm.

And, of course, I can't seem to find a phone number to contact a tech directly. Can anyone help, please??

Thanks!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/12/13 6:18pm
Msg #460799

Both accounts down now.

I called WaveBroadband and since I have internet service and can access other 'sites, it must be an email issue. They were able to give me a phone number for Hotmail Plus billing. The gal there gave me a website to look up my issue. She only does billing and couldn't give me a phone number to a tech. Problem with the link she gave me is that you need to login with your hotmail or msn email address.

Here's the quirk. I can access my email on my Droid but not on my computer. Luckily, I do have a gmail account I never use and it is up and running. So, if there are any calls for signings, I can just ask them to use my gmail.

Hmmm ... maybe it's time to take the leap and change everything to gmail ...........

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/13/13 8:58am
Msg #460909

Update at 6:53 am, 3/13/13

Hotmail/Outlook still down and service interruption is recognized by them since 4:12 pm 3/12/13. They're working on restoring service and update every 2-4 hours. Their last update at 6:12 am says they hope to be back in service by 10:12 am.

Still can access email on smartphone.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/13/13 11:40am
Msg #460954

Re: Update at 6:53 am, 3/13/13

Get a gmail account and start educating your customers now about having both addresses for all correspondence to you. I have done this and am so happy I did as now ATT has yahoo platform and there are problems from time to time. This has eliminated problems for me.

Reply by Monique Insalaco on 3/23/13 2:32pm
Msg #462686

Re: Update at 6:53 am, 3/13/13

Same exact thing happened with my hotmail account. Decided to get a gmail account. Gmail transferred over all my contact info and recreated my "folder" filing system. Once hotmail came back online, i set it to forward all mail to my new gmail account. It's been about a week with gmail, and I couldn't be happier.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.